Published: 01/21/2013 - Updated: 07/20/2017
Author: Miriam Reyes2 Comments
Stretch mark is a defect formed in the skin, usually by constant weight variants. It is a connective tissue breakdown observed through the epidermis. They usually appear in the area of ??the belly, hips, thighs, breasts, arms, buttocks and legs.
Today, there are many ointments and treatments to disappear them, including lasers, and surgery, but there are some ingredients in your kitchen that can help to remove them.
It is important to try to avoid sudden changes in weight, as this makes us more prone to stretch marks, the following remedy might be useful:
- Mix a half cup of grated carrot with almond milk and three drops of rosehip oil.
- Stir until you get a fine paste that can apply in the affected area, then cover with gauze and a band. Leave it overnight and repeat for a month.
To cover the lines that stretch marks have made, you can also mix the pulp of half avocado with a tablespoon of honey and a lemon. Incorporate ingredients thoroughly, spread the paste on the affected areas and wash after 20 minutes.
If the mixture is left over, store in the refrigerator to use it daily until you see results.
In the hips:
- Stretch marks on the hips can appear with the development; however, you can make them less obvious with the following remedy:
- Prepare a special oil, mixing the contents of six capsules of vitamin E with four of vitamin "A", add a teaspoon of rosemary oil, smear at night and wait to be absorbed into the skin, before putting the pajamas.
- Another way to disappear them is grating an onion on gauze, which should be wet for 30 minutes in a glass container, then take it out and the liquid mix with 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, refrigerate and apply with cotton on affected areas twice daily for one month.
For the bust:
- With the constant changes in weight, is likely to have marks on this area; to disappear them gradually, you need to beat an egg yolk with ½ lemon zest until stiff; apply on the bust, let stand and wash after 20 minutes. If you practice this every day, you will see results soon.
Foods to prevent them
- If treating them is a nightmare, the best option is to prevent them. Food is a key factor, you should include foods that are rich in zinc, such as nuts, seafood, meats, whole grains, legumes, fish, among others.
- Be sure to include foods rich in vitamins A, C and D, like carrots, citrus, red colored vegetables, and dairy.
- Keep your body hydrated, drink 6 to 8 glasses of pure water daily.
Hydrate your skin
To avoid the appearance of stretch marks, it is important to keep your skin hydrated and healthy. During pregnancy and changes in weight, make sure you have a suitable cream to prevent stretch marks.
Make your skin more elastic and resistance to stretching, due to weight gain or pregnancy, helping it to remain free of marks. Mix:
- 10 drops of essential oil of lavender, orange or geranium.
- Add, 2 tablespoons of almond oil.
- Apply daily in the skin, after bathing, let it absorb and put moisturizer that contains vitamins A, C, D and E, collagen and elastin.
About the author
After my pregnancy, I gain a lot of weight and I thought that doing exercise and eating less I might recover my figure, but that was not the case. I became skinny again but my skin has some horrible marks that make me feel embarrassed for example, when I go to the beach, so it?s nice to find this information, I?m going to try the recommendations, thanks a lot
These sound like great ideas, and I’m definitely going to try them when I get pregnant, although I’ve heard a lot of people say that really, no matter what you do, it just has to do with your genetics. Just like how some people scar more easily than others, it all comes down to your skin type.