Multiple sclerosis is an autoimmune and neurodegenerative disease that affects the nervous system which consists of a demyelination of nerve cells (neurons), which can appear as islands in the brain and spinal cord causing blockage or retention of nerve impulses, consequently, many body functions get damaged.
Demyelination is the destruction of myelin, a substance that serves as insulation and protective coating of nerve cells. In this disease, this layer swells and hardens, causing the immobilization of nerve transmission.
This condition can go accentuating as time goes by, carrying a variety of conditions and symptoms like those listed below.
Possible symptoms of multiple sclerosis
- Spasms and numbness of body parts
- Tingling sensations
- Muscle weakness or stiffness
- Lack of coordination of body movements
- Difficulty breathing
- Problems passing food
- Lack of muscle tone
- Loss of vision
- Reduced mobility of the body
- Disability in the most severe cases
- Loss of bladder control
- Cognitive problems such as difficulty performing simultaneous tasks or following instructions
- Loss of short-term memory
- Central nervous system being injured. As a result, neurons in the brain lose part or all of its transmission capacity, causing the typical symptoms of numbness, tingling, etc.
- Viral attack, an invasion of viruses that rapidly divide cells within the body.
- The autoimmune reaction (where the body attacks its own tissues).
- The weather, poor and neglect diet, excess toxins, etc.
- It is not an inherited condition but is influenced by the genetic constitution of the individual (it has been shown that there are genes that are associated with an increased risk of contracting the disease).
Emotional states of severe anger, violence and feelings of strength, stiffness or indomitable will are factors that may predispose MS. The feelings of anger and violence create chemicals that attack the myelin of nerve cells.
The environmental-emotional factor in childhood may create conditions that can trigger the disease later, especially when the emotional environment caused much anger to the person.
Diet plays one of the most important roles in the treatment of this disease. Ideally, you should follow one of high quality, which include the following foods:
- Vegetable proteins (legumes, nuts, almonds, raisins), whole grains, tofu (soy cheese), fresh vegetable juices, whole grains rich in fiber and nutrients, vitamins C, D and E (antioxidants), as well as thiamine, riboflavin and minerals like calcium and potassium.
- Radishes, carrots, red tomatoes, onion, garlic, cabbage, grapes, citrus and acidic fruits such as pineapple are great foods to help treat this disease.
- Ginkgo Biloba has shown to have favorable properties for treating multiple sclerosis because of its antioxidant and platelet aggregation
- Essential fatty acids: People with MS often have a deficiency of linoleic acid and arachidonic acid in plasma, which are exacerbated during outbreaks of the disease. That is why it is very important to include in the daily diet of polyunsaturated fatty acids Omega-6 and omega-3.The polyunsaturated fatty acids omega 3 and 6 can be easily found in foods such as seaweed, fish, vegetables, flax , flax, chia. Furthermore, the grape seed oil, black currant seed, borage, spirulina and evening primrose oil..
Not recommended foods:
Animal fats (red meat), fried sausages, processed, pickled, canned foods, margarines, hydrogenated oils and vinaigrettes.
Drinking, smoking, drug abuse and improper rest, all these habits do not allow proper absorption of nutrients and erode the body's defense system.
Exercise is an ideal support for the cure of this condition. Swimming is one of the best exercises to help the nervous system to recover; however, may be another type of exercises which help to maintain good oxygenation of the brain and neurons.
There are many alternative natural therapies to aid in the treatment of multiple sclerosis: hydrotherapy, massage or sessions of bio-energy, lymphatic massage, acupuncture, reflexology, acupressure, etc.
Taking workshops and / or sessions to help understand and release the anger is recommended. Reiki is an energy alternative that can help.
The best of Health
Products related with Multiple sclerosis: causes, diet and natural treatment
Related categories of the Shop
You have not found what you were looking for?