In Mexico, “tostadas” (toasts) are made with corn tortilla baked or fried, and which can be covered with a variety of stews. The tostada is a traditional Mexican dish, is eaten at all times of the year and is ideal in hot weather because is a way of eating fresh and nutritious food. The tostadas, however, not only are prepared with corn flour tortilla, but you can make tortillas with soy flour, wheat or other flour.
Here are some recipes that you'll love!
Mexican traditional bean toast
- 10 hand-made tostadas purchased at any supermarket
- 300 grams of beans fried
- 2 vegetarian sausages
- A bit of finely chopped onion
- Several sheets of finely shredded lettuce
- Mexican Sauce to taste
- 250 ml. of heavy cream, cream, yogurt or buttermilk liquid
- Fry the vegetarian sausage with onions. Add beans and mix well with the sausage.
- Once the beans are ready, spread with the stew on a tostada. Decorate with lettuce, sauce to taste and finally the cream, pour cream or buttermilk to taste.
- 4 corn tortillas
- 2-3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil or vegetable oil and a little more for frying
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 1 carrot diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon of ground mild chile
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- ½ teaspoon of ground cumin
- 3-4 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 120 g of green beans, blanched and chopped
- Dried oregano
- 400 g of cooked and drained black beans
- 225 g of crumbled feta cheese
- 3-4 lettuce leaves into thin strips
- 3-4 sliced onions
- To make tostada, fry the tortillas in a nonstick skillet with a little oil until crisp.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry the potatoes and carrots until tender. Add garlic, red pepper, chili, paprika and cumin. Sautéed all about 2 or 3 minutes, until pepper is softened.
- Stir in the tomatoes, green beans and oregano. Cook all of 8-10 minutes more, until vegetables are tender and the mixture is the consistency of a sauce. It should not be too dry. If so, add a little water.
- Heat the beans in a saucepan with a little water and reserve hot. Warm tostada under the grill.
- Spread the beans on hot tostada, spread the cheese and arrange over vegetable mixture. Serve immediately, garnished with shredded lettuce and sliced onion.
Pumpkin Flower Tostada
- 1 package of sesame tostadas
- 1 red onion
- 1 tomato
- 1 can of pumpkin blossoms
- Olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALOrange Properties
- Chop garlic, tomato and onion, place in a pan olive oil and add all the chopped ingredients along with pumpkin blossoms and cook.
- Place it on top of the tostada and add the chopped cabbage and some onion rings.
- 1 package of tostadas
- 400g of combined seafood to taste
- 1 avocado
- ½ stick of butter
- Fry seafood with butter and set aside.
- Chop the avocado into small cubes and mix with seafood
- Serve as desired.
Chipotle soy tostada
- About 3 or 4 cups of textured soy ground or chopped
- 2 peppers canned, Chipolte
- 6 small tomatoes
- An onion
- ½ clove of garlic
- About 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 3 carrots
- 2 small potatoes
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- Vegetable bouillon cubes and seasoning
- Sea salt
- Fresh cheese
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALIncrease Your Defenses with 15 Natural Treatments
- First, hydrate soy in a pot of boiling water with a bay leaf and onion. Once soy is ready, list drain the water and put it aside.
- Put in blender 4 or 6 tomatoes along with half clove of garlic, a half cup of water, a chile chipotle, onion, a cube of vegetable broth and a pinch of salt.
- Finely chop carrots in small squares with potatoes to put in a pan with a tablespoon of olive oil and soy and hydrate. Brown soy, carrots and potatoes before adding the sauce.
- Add the sauce mixture and let the stew boil for a while and add salt if needed at the end. Now, with the remaining 2 tomatoes, put them to fry in a little oil with garlic and then put in blender with remaining chipotle and 2 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- This sauce is an accompaniment to toast. Blend and heat up some sauce before serving. Finally, serve the tostada with lettuce, fresh cheese, and the leftover onion sliced thin and add lemon, salt, and sauce.
About the author