Published: 07/28/2009 - Updated: 06/07/2016
Mexican food is unquestionably unique and delicious, but we must recognize that is reputed to have high fat content. However, making some "healthy" changes, and using quality ingredients, we can make this a healthy enjoyment.
This time we propose some of the most famous recipes, we have respected the original ingredients but in some we have suggested more healthy ingredients.
We hope that this article is just the beginning of many more recipes. If you know any recipe, feel free to add it to the list...
Mexican Sesame seasoning
- 2 tablespoons of oil (olive preferred)
- 1 / 2 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of sweet sherry
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce (use Tamari, natural soy)
- 2 teaspoons of grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds
- 1 serrano chile, finely chopped (optional, ignore if you do not like the spicy)
Place in a screw cap bottle all the ingredients, close it and shake well to integrate all of them imbued with self and their flavors and aromas.
It is suitable for use in salads, fresh vegetables, pasta, noodles or even steamed vegetables.
Adobo for meats and salads (chipotle sauce)
- 450 grams of tomatoes, peeled, seeded and cut into small cubes
- 2 teaspoons of chipotle chile canned in adobo
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, minced no
- ½ teaspoon of sugar
- ½ sprig of fresh cilantro chopped
- A pinch of cinnamon
- A pinch of pepper
- lime juice and salt to taste
Chop the tomatoes with garlic and cilantro in a food processor. Remove and add the onion, chile and sugar; finally the lime juice and salt, mix and season with pepper, cinnamon and pepper to taste. Serve fresh. The Chile Chipotle gives a very special flavor.
The mole is used to bath meat, tortillas and enchiladas. If you're not accustomed eating it, is a bit heavy plate for digestion.
- 1 / 2 cup of oil (extra virgin olive oil, preferably)
- 100 grams of chile ancho
- 800 grams of chile mulato
- 100 grams of chile pasilla
- 1 slice of onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 / 2 cup of sesame seed
- 1 / 2 cup of peanuts
- 1 / 2 cup of pumpkin seeds
- 1 / 2 cup of nuts
- 1 / 4 cup of hazelnuts
- 1 / 2 cup of almonds
- 2 toasted tortillas
- 1 / 2 cup of raisins
- 3 chocolate tablets
- 5 golden cookies
- Cinnamon, to taste
- 1 / 2 fried banana plug
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 2 cloves
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 8 cups of chicken broth
- Sugar to taste
- Salt to taste
- Lightly fry chile ancho, the mulato, the pasilla, garlic and onion.
- Besides, fry sesame seed, the peanut, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, hazelnuts and almonds. Fry tortillas.
- Grind all the fried ingredients with raisins, chocolate, cookies, cinnamon, fried bananas, the cumin, cloves and pepper.
- Lightly fry the paste obtained, add chicken broth and seasoning to simmer. Try the taste and if necessary add a little sugar and salt.
Red Mexican sauce (pico de gallo)
- 5 tomatoes
- 1 white onion without the tail
- 5 serrano chiles, or green
- 2 oz. of cilantro
- A bit of olive oil
- 1 lemon (juice)
- A pinch of sea salt
- A pinch of garlic powder
Join all the ingredients and add salt, oil and garlic with the lemon (juice) in bowl and accompanied with Mexican food.
Green Mexican sauce
- 8 green tomatoes (not immature, but green)
- 1 onion
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 fresh green chilli
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 pinch of thyme
- 1 pinch of rosemary
- 1 / 2 cup of vegetable broth
- Wash tomatoes and peppers. Cut the onion in half, unpeeled. Undo the head of garlic but do not peel the cloves. In a heavy bottom pan, put, with no oil on both sides, unpeeled garlic, onions, tomatoes and whole pepper, until well browned.
- Let cool, peel and mash. Place in a glass blender and grind well with the vegetable broth until puree. Add the cumin, thyme and oregano to puree. In a heavy bottom pan, pour the puree and let it reduce to your taste.
The best of World Cuisine
Related categories of the Shop
You have not found what you were looking for?