Published: 04/03/2009 - Updated: 05/25/2019
The hot dog to the United States like the taco to Mexico. The tacos are one of the most popular dishes of Mexican food, and are made with corn tortillas, which are in the diets of nearly all Mexicans with which you can develop very different dishes, such as chalupas, huaraches , enchiladas, tacos, dobladitas, enfrijoladas, etc.
Try these recipes, you'll love them...
How to make make tortillas
The first thing you should learn is how to make tortillas because they are not available in every place. So pin to work and see how easy it is to make tortillas:
What you need
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 / 2 cup of water
- In a bowl, put flour and go slowly adding the water to form a flexible mass to roll in the form of ball.
- It is very important to knead well because that is what will allow to inflate the tortilla and cook well.
- Let stand for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Make 12 muffins and let stand covered with a cloth for five minutes.
- Flour the work table and flatten each ball until it is very thin (maximum thickness of about three millimeters). Add flour if necessary.
- Have a floured plastic on the desk, place over a dough part, sprinkle with flour and cover with another plastic.
- Use this system to stretch the tortillas because, being so thin, often broken.
- Heat a skillet with butter or oil.
- Cook the tortillas for a minute on one side, when inflation is starting to turn the other.
- Continue cooking for one or two minutes. It is important that the consistency of the tortilla is flexible, therefore not brown. Save them in a cloth so that the heat is maintained. Serve hot.
- 250 gr. of meat chicken, cooked and in small pieces
- 250 gr. of green tomatoes
- 2 green peppers for sauce
- 1 / 2 kg of corn tortillas
- 1 / 4 medium onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 / 2 lettuce
- 1 fresh cheese
- salt and pepper
- Make the sauce with tomatoes, onions, garlic, green chilies, salt and pepper, fry the tortillas, place the meat, and cover with sauce.
- To serve, garnish with crumbled cheese and lettuce leaves.
- grated cheese or curd or tofu
- black beans 1 cup cooked (120 g), 2 cups (200 g raw)
- Tortillas, 12 pieces
- 2 choppedtomatoes
- chipotle chile, chopped and marinated
- Onion, finely minced 10 small pieces
- Oil for frying 1 / 3 cup (80 ml)
- Pepper to taste
- In three tablespoons of oil, sauté onion and then add the tomatoes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and let it heat to low season.
- In a bowl, mix beans, cheese and chile.
- To form the chimichanga put two tablespoons of the mixture in tortilla and serve.
Serves: 6 people
- 1 / 2 kg of corn tortillas (about 15 pieces)
- 1 large fresh cheese
- 5 chiles widths
- 1 large onion
- 6 large potatoes
- oil or pork lard
- pickled vegetables, carrots, squash, cactus, and so on
- Open eide the chiles, remove seeds and fry. Drain well and soak in cold water about 10 minutes later mash to form a thick sauce and add a little salt.
- Cook potatoes with skin, peel and cut into squares to brown later. Crumble the cheese and mix with finely chopped onion.
- Pass the tortillas one by one in the chile sauce, fry in oil or butter on a griddle for enchiladas (or in a large saucepan). Fry quickly on both sides and remove from heat. Take the oil and cook the potatoes while the tortillas. Fill tortilla with mixture
Ingredients for 4
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and in small pieces
- 1 potato boiled and chopped
- 1 carrot boiled and chopped
- 200 gr. of panela cheese
- 1 cup of guajillo chile sauce
- 4 pickled jalapeno peppers
- 1 / 4 cup of vinegar peppers
- 4 leaves of lettuce
- 1 sliced onion
- 12 tortillas
- oil and salt
- Gently fry the chicken with potatoes and carrots, add salt to taste.
- Skip the hot oil for tortillas. Each one, put a slice of panela cheese and a bit of stuffing chicken, fold in half.
- Mix sauce with guajillo chiles in vinegar, and heat a little.
- In a bowl, put 3 quesadillas, bathe in the sauce, decorate on top with cheese, onion rings and lettuce leaves to one side.
- 1 small onion
- 1 or 2 small cloves of garlic
- 1 red tomato
- Half onion
- 5 or 6 cactus
- Tortillas: the necessary
- Gently fry the onion, garlic and chopped tomatoes or salt to taste.
- A few minutes later add the cactus to casseroles and cook a few minutes, not much until the cactus take a darker green color.
- Remove from heat and fill the tortillas with cactus.
- Serve hot, with a little rice, if you like.