The seasoning is what gives the food of each country its distinction to others, and this distinction is variation of ingredients, spices and herbs. Mexican cuisine has earned over time a recognized place among the richest and most delicious cuisines in the world, tacos, soups, sauces delicious chilaquiles and enchiladas, among many other dishes, wake up the palate in various parts of world. Mexican food certainly has its great magic, a magic that can travel with your scent to any kitchen very simple and practical.
There are certain major herbs and spices in Mexican cuisine:
- Brown sugar
- Sea salt
Some principles for healthy cooking
In Mexican cuisine, as in any other cuisine in the world, it is necessary to consider certain principles so that food does not become heavy and difficult to digest, but can cause us a light and bouncy state after eating. To prevent food makes us feel heavy, sleepy or indigestible, causing gases or even headache, you need to consider the following tips, especially since Mexican food is known for being heavy with excess fat, fried foods and too bad combination when mixed meals.
- Do not fry things. Cook or, if necessary, bake or heat without oil.
- If there is no other choice and need to fry, just sauté, I mean, pass food very quickly in hot oil without browning. This is very useful when making sauces.
- Try replacing the salty cheese for tofu, cottage cheese or fresh cheese
- Replaces creams processed by yogurt
- Avoid the use of hydrogenated oils
- Substitute flour for corn flour for tortillas
- Replace polishedriceby the whole form
- Try to combine each main dish (containing protein and is cooked) with any green salad containing sprouts.
Here I share some delicious Mexican recipes:
- 2 cups of brown rice
- 6 cups of water
- 3 poblano chiles
- Three shelled corn
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic finely chopped
- 1 bunch of cilantro, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- ½ lemon (juice)
- Boil water with salt.
- When boiling add the rice and lemon.
- Lower the stove over medium heat.
- Sauté: oil, garlic, onion, chiles, corn and cilantro
- Incorporate the rice, mix well, cover the pan
- Reduce heat as low as possible and simmer for about 10 minutes without opening the lid
- Check after this time if the rice is now ready.
- Turn off and let stand without removing the lid for some minutes.
- ½ kilo of corn tortillas
- 1 kilo of green tomatoes (peeled and washed)
- 2 small serrano chiles
- 1 ½ onion
- 1 ½ chopped onion
- 1 sprig of epazote
- Sea salt
- 1 clove of garlic
- panela cheese
- Plain yogurt
- Put the tomatoes and green chiles in a pan without oil, over medium heat, and roast until soft
- Cut tortillas into strips or triangles and toast in the oven or in the pan without oil. If you like, you can leave the tortillas dry air and sun two or three days ago. With this will you facilitate the browning.
- Blend green tomatoes, garlic, chiles, salt, onion with a little water
- Pour the sauce into a saucepan, add the epazote and oil. Season with a little seasoning (optional) and let boil 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Once the sauce is read, do not mix with tortillas. Wait until ready to eat and then, soak the tortillas in the sauce. This is to avoid too tender tortillas with salsa if you leave them there long.
The best of World Cuisine
You have not found what you were looking for?