Published: 10/31/2009 - Updated: 02/17/2018
The Mexican sweets are made mostly with dried fruits, brown sugar, oilseeds (peanuts, walnuts, almonds, etc.) and cereals such as rice, tapioca and amaranth.
- 1 kilo of pumpkin
- 3 / 4 kilo of brown sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 2 oranges
- 1 tbsp of grated orange peel
- 1 cup of water
- 1 / 2 tbsp of sugar
- Peel and cut pumpkin into cubes, place them in a bowl alternating with sugar, sprinkle with lemon juice, a tablespoon of orange zest and juice of 2 oranges, add the cup of water.
- Cook over high heat to a boil, lower the flame and continue cooking, stirring every so often, until pumpkin and sweet dispose separates from the bottom of the container. Finally add the sugar, cook a few minutes and pack in hot, sterilized jars, which must be closed tightly, close the bottle and place the sweet rather hot for this, moisten a circle of waxed paper with egg white, slightly whipped and put on the bottle.
- The heat coagulates the clear, waterproof paper and attaches to the bottle as it cools, the candy is compressed and forms a vacuum between the product and the cover, a detail that favors conservation.
- 2 cups of brown sugar
- 1 / 2 cup of corn syrup or rice syrup
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 / 3 cup of water
- 1 cup of shelled peanuts
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- In a large saucepan, place brown sugar, honey or molasses, salt, butter and water. Heat the mixture, stirring until it boils. Add peanuts and cook, stirring frequently until it turns light golden color.
- Add vanilla and pour the candy on greased foil, trying to spread it well.
- Cool and cut them into pieces.
Coconut and Amaranth bars
- 400ml of coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar (sweet tooth Put more)
- 10 tablespoons of amaranth seeds
- 1 tablespoon of powdered agar-agar
- ground cinnamon
- 3-4 ounces / squares of black chocolate
- Set the oven to heat to 200 º C.
- Mix well in a bowl of coconut milk with agar-agar, cinnamon to taste, chopped chocolate and sugar.
- Add amaranth and mix again.
- Pour the mixture into a mold, suitable for the oven and cook at 200 ° C 30-35 min.
- After the first 15min. Cook out the source of the oven and stir well with a straw all ingredients.
- Re-enter the source in the oven 15-20min. more.
- After the cooking time, take the source of the oven and let cool before demolding.
- Serve sprinkled with ground cinnamon and grated coconut to taste.
- NOTE: During the cooking part, the oil will separate from the chocolate to melt and rise to the surface. You can use the time it takes to cool the candy to remove the oil by placing them carefully on top of fresh paper towel for a few seconds.
- 1 cup of oil
- 1 cup of sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 / 4 teaspoon of carbonate
- 1 / 2 cup of raisins
- 2 cups of whole
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 3 cups of grated carrots
- 1 / 2 cup of nuts
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon of Vanilla Essence
- In a pan pour the sugar and oil, add the carbonate, cinnamon, salt and a dash of vanilla, the mixture is stirred and once done, incorporate the eggs to complete and is still beating,.
- Add flour, raisins and nuts, add grated carrot and mix with a wooden shovel, empty and bake at 180 º C for 40 minutes approx.
The best of World Cuisine
Products related with Mexican sweet Recipes
You have not found what you were looking for?