Have you tried mamey: ice cream, juice or jelly from this fruit? Mamey is a tropical fruit with sweet flavor, rough-skinned and red pulp; it has the consistency of an avocado and can be prepared in desserts, salads, drinks and more. In addition, the mamey has many properties and vitamins, is rich in vitamin C, niacin, beta carotene (precursor of vitamin A), potassium, etc., besides of being a source of fiber and rich in antioxidants. The mamey prevents clot formation, inhibits the replication of cancer cells and blocks the formation of nitrosamines in the digestive tract, among other things.
If you want to take advantage of the many properties and the delicious taste of this fruit, do not hesitate to make these recipes:
Mamey cake with honey
- 2 cups of brown sugar
- 3/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- The pulp of a fresh mamey
- 1/2 cup of chopped pecans
- In a large bowl beat well the sugar, vegetable oil and eggs.
- In another separate bowl sift the baking soda, flour, cinnamon, ginger, baker powder and salt.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to oil mixture while you beat well.
- Add the pulp of the mamey and continue beating until all ingredients are incorporated well.
- Pour the mixture into two greased cake pans of 20 cm.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes at 175 ° C.
- When cake layers are baked, cool.
- Cover the first layer with 1/3 of the cheese cream. Cover with remaining glaze and garnish with chopped pecans.
- Inject some honey when cake is ready.
- 1 can of evaporated milk (can be substituted by natural milk)
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 2 pieces of ripe mamey
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups of brown sugar
- Melt the brown sugar over medium heat until it turns dark brown, remove from heat, liquefy the 2 milks, eggs and pulp of the mamey, liquefy for 5 minutes as this causes the mixture rises more and add to the mold with the melted sugar.
- In a pressure pan place a grid like in a water bath, cook for 40 minutes, cool, and decorate with crushed nuts. Tips: The mamey has to be fresh as sometimes it has worms.
- 2 pieces of mamey
- 100 g of cream cheese
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of plain unsweetened yogurt
- 1/3 cup of milk
- Blend brown sugar and mamey.
- Whisk yogurt, until firm, add sugar gradually while beating.
- Add milk and mix mamey.
- Leave to cool.
Anti-cancerous and antioxidant Mamey juice
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALEmotional Diet for weight loss
Blend all and drink without strain.
“Ate de mamey” (Mexican sweet)
- 4 ripe Mameys
- ½ cup of chopped organic almonds
- 1 and ½ cup of brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Vegetable oil
Mix everything in a bowl and compact very well until it forms a paste.
About the author