Aloe is a plant with many benefits for our body, is native to Europe, and belongs to the lily family. Its scientific name is Aloe arborescens Mill. It has emollient and moisturizing properties and also has been used in the treatment of bruises, burns, insect bites and cuts, swelling, acne and rashes, among others.
You have probably heard of its many benefits to the skin, or its power to remove stains. Its healing properties are perhaps the best known of aloe.
Your skin and hair may be largely benefited by the use of aloe. Here I share some recipes to use this plant:
Homemade Aloe Soap
- 1 liter of clean water
- ½ of leftover soap or neutral downturn previously grated
- The polish of an aloe leaf of 30 cm
- Soup spoon
- Saucepan with 2 liters capacity
- Plastic container with lid, with a capacity of 1 liter
- With the knife, make a slit along the aloe leaf and spoon scraping the inside of both sides to remove the pulp. Reserve.
- In the saucepan, put half the water over high heat and when hot, regulate the flame by half gradually adding the soap, stirring constantly.
- When the soap has dissolved, add remaining water, remove from heat and add the pulp of aloe.
- Once it takes a uniform appearance, i.e. one color and liquid consistency, soap is ready and you can proceed to packaging.
- Pour the liquid soap with aloe to the container of the funnel, close perfectly and labeled with the product name, the date of manufacture and expiry. When cool, it’s completely ready to use.
It is inexpensive, and nontoxic yielder, helps to recycle wastes soap avoiding waste, and also avoids spending money to get the benefits of this plant.
If you want to give it a special smell, you can add a few drops of essential oil of your choice.
Homemade Aloe cream
- 400 grams of aloe
- 500 ml of rubbing alcohol
- Distilled water 500 ml
- Take 400 grams of aloe leaves, well washed. Put them in the blender with water and alcohol.
- Cool the liquid and keep it there for 10 days, it is important to mix once daily.
Homemade Aloe Shampoo
- 80 grams of grated soap
- 2 cups of purified water
- 1 tablespoon of triethanolamine lauryl sulfate
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 ½ aloe leaves (pulp only)
- Oil, whichever is tur prefer ence as oil based.
- Heat a half cup of water, add the grated soap with a wooden spoon preferably move it about 10 minutes, until dissolved to 100%.
- Once dissolved the soap, off the heat, add the triethanolamine lauryl sulfate with aloe pulp, once dissolved add the lemon juice.
- Add the oil based flavor and still stirring, about 10 minutes.
- Once the aloe shampoo is finished, put it in a plastic bottle of your choice.
- This mixture has about three months of durability.
The best of Natural Cosmetics
Products related with Make your own hygiene and beauty kit with aloe
Related categories of the Shop
You have not found what you were looking for?