Magnesium is a mineral with important functions in the body among which involved in the metabolism of carbohydrates, activates enzymes, is involved in protein metabolism as a coenzyme, decreases the excitability of the central nervous system, participates in the reconstruction of nervous substance and metabolism, and plays a key role in respiration and cellular exchanges. It is an internal and external antiseptic and with anti-inflammatory and anti-infective properties to improve resistance to stress, cold, trauma, surgery, etc.
A diet poor in this mineral causes very harmful effects such as: altered levels of potassium and calcium blocking parathyroid, tremors, seizures, neuromuscular irritability, thrombosis, cancer, depression, agitation, confusion, irritability, restlessness, dizziness, disorientation, arrhythmia, heart failure, arthritis, alopecia, etc.
We can find magnesium in foods such as: pollen, wheat, corn, barley, oats, dates, beets, spinach, potatoes, carrots, almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts, chestnuts, green beans, preferably whole grain rice, cherries, orange, pear, peach, apricot, etc.
Here are some recipes to keep the level of magnesium in your diet:
- 1 1 / 2 cup of biscuits or crispy cookies
- 1 / 3 cup of butter or margarine, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1 cup of dates
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla, brandy or cognac
- Mix the bread crumbs with the butter, knead to fill a round mold or a big one.
- Beat the eggs with the milk and add the walnuts and chopped pitted dates, and finally the teaspoon of vanilla, Brandy or Cognac.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and bake at 350 º f. or at 200 º C for 25 to 30 min
- 1 1 / 2 cups of walnut
- 2 sticks of butter 90g,
- 3 cloves of garlic,
- 1 / 2 cup of chopped white onion,
- 1 stalk of celery, finely chopped
- 1 / 2 cup of whole wheat flour,
- 1 lt. of chicken broth,
- 1 lt. of hot whole milk,
- 1 glass of port wine and salt and pepper to taste.
- In a deep skillet, heat the butter and put the nuts to fry. Remove from heat and set aside. Then, in the same butter, sauté garlic, onion and celery.
- Add to this the flour, chicken broth, milk, port wine, salt and pepper to taste and let it boil a little. Add nuts and then remove the mixture from the heat. Blend and pass through a fine sieve. This cream should be served hot, with golden biscuits.
Green beans with tomato
- 500 gr. of green beans
- 1 can of Tomato and Onion sautéed
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 dash of oil
- 1 cube of chicken bouillon
- Put can of tomato in casserole and sauté with onion. Add the chopped chicken bouillon, sugar and raw green beans, cleaned and chopped.
- Cover and cook over low heat for about 35-40 min. Half the time if they are frozen. If necessary add a little water.
- Serve with fried bread into strips or diced ham.
Pear, Walnut and Roquefort Salad
- ½ lettuce
- 1 bunch of spinach
- 300 grams of walnut
- 9 Pears
- 200 grams of Roquefort cheese
- Wash and disinfect perfectly lettuce and spinach, split into small pieces, wash the pears and cut into squares.
- All ingredients are incorporated and pour the vinaigrette.
Brown rice with nuts
- 3 cups of brown rice
- 8 cups of chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 onion, diced 1 / 2 cm
- 150 G Of roasted peanuts
- 150 G Of Sunflower seeds
- 200 G Of raisins
- 1 teaspoon of marinade
- Sea salt to taste
- In a skillet, place the olive oil and garlic, cook 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Stir in the onion and cook for another 3 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add rice, stir well and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally so rice does not stick.
- Add the chicken broth, salt, and seasoning, cook for 8 to 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Lower the heat, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Turn off heat, uncover the pan, add all the nuts and stir until all ingredients are together. Serve with salad.
- And bon appetit!
The best of Recipes & Cooking
Products related with Magnesium-rich recipes
You have not found what you were looking for?