Published: 03/07/2013 - Updated: 09/03/2016
Sometimes while including carbohydrates in your diet, you can have trouble for fear of gaining weight, however, be aware that carbohydrates are not what make us gain weight, but excess does. Try to vary your carbohydrate source, choose pasta, legumes and varied cereals to have a better nutrition.
Then, I share a selection of recipes that can be useful to include healthy carbohydrates in your diet, and enjoy as a family.
Green Quinoa Risotto
- 400 grams of quinoa
- 1 red onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 dashes of olive oil
- ½ cup of cheese
- ½ cup of Parmesan cheese
- 1 bunch of spinach leaves
- Parsley and basil, chopped
- 100 grams of roasted almonds
- Wash the quinoa several times passing through cold water.
- Then cook it in water with a pinch of salt for about 20 minutes, strain.
- Cut the onion and garlic into small cubes and sauté in olive oil until golden.
- Add the cooked quinoa and raw spinach.
- At the last minute, add the cheese, parsley and basil.
- If necessary, add more liquid, add 1 or 2 tablespoons of vegetable broth.
- Add the Parmesan and rectify the salt and pepper.
- Serve the risotto and sprinkle with toasted almonds and a bit of Parmesan cheese.
- 300 grams of quick cooking corn flour
- ½ liter of milk
- 200 grams of fresh cheese into cubes
- Place the milk in a saucepan and bring to heat until boiling. Pour the cornmeal as rain, stirring constantly. Mix for 2 minutes to take off the edges and then place cheese cubes.
- Pour the mixture into a clean pan.
- Spread smoothing the surface. Let cool to take firm form.
- Unmold on a kitchen table and cut with a round cutting, approximately 4 cm in diameter.
- Place the gnocchi in a pan greased with oil, put the tomato sauce and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and broil in the oven.
- 500 grams of lentils
- 1 red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 liter of vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper
- 200 grams of white cheese with chopped herbs
- Cut the onion and garlic into slices.
- Place in a pan with a little olive oil. Add the lentils and brown a few minutes, always stirring.
- Finally, add the broth to cover and add salt and pepper.
- Cook until lentils are tender. Add parsley and blend, serve the soup with white cheese and chopped herbs.
Pasta with vegetables
- 400 grams of spaghetti
- ½ red pepper
- ½ yellow pepper
- ½ green pepper
- 1 zucchini
- 1 eggplant
- 3 tomatoes
- 10 basil leaves
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the eggplant, zucchini and peppers diced. Dip tomatoes in hot water for 30 seconds. Remove the skin, cut lengthwise, remove seeds and cut the flesh into small cubes.
- In a skillet, place 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the garlic mix them with half of basil. Add the zucchini and eggplant, cover, cook for 5 minutes. Then add the tomatoes and peppers and cook 2 minutes more. Remove the pan from the heat, add the remaining finely chopped basil. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper, reserve hot.
- Cook the pasta in salted water. Mix the vegetables and serve.