Published: 04/24/2012 - Updated: 07/24/2016
Author: K. Laura Garcés G2 Comments
Many times the body tends to develop more of a part and make it wider, as the back, for example; when it gets too big, can make the body look disproportionate and unattractive, which is accentuated if the hips are narrow and legs are thin, making the body look in a "V" form. This form of the body may not bother the boys, but can be uncomfortable for women who like to wear a body with different proportions.
If this is your case, do not despair. Here are some tips to help your body to look more proportionate and harmonious.
Recommended exercises for arms and backs
If you have a lot of back, the main thing is to avoid all those exercises that strengthen the arms and back muscles, like swimming, for example, usually expand back if it’s practiced regularly. You should also avoid exercise in fitness bar, and weight training with arms.
However, you must not neglect to exercise your arms and back, they may lose strength and become flabby, or fat rolls could appear on your back. The exercises you should do are to keep them firm, but not to give volume. Here are some:
- Sox lizards: lying on the floor, face down, knees bent toward the back.
- Stretch your arms to lift your body up to the waist, and up and down the arms. Do 10 repetitions, 3 times, only three times a week.Push-ups on the wall: get in front of a wall, stretch your arms and place the palms of your hands on it. Bend your elbows and stretch so that your arms and back to work. Do repetitions of 10, 2 series.
- Practice yoga to reduce fat on the back and arms, and tone the skin and muscles.
- Massages for arms and back.
- Avoid carry heavy things frequently.
- In bioenergy, the condition of very wide back or arms explains that the person tends to feel too much weight or load (metaphorical) in life, or is very overprotective. These body parts tend to widen or overloaded power when the person usually contains a lot of emotion and doesn’t express it.
Thin or narrow hips and legs
To help tone hips and legs, you should follow an exercise routine like the following:
- Go up and down stairs is one of the best exercises for turning legs and buttocks. We recommend you start climbing 20 – 30 stairs daily in a row, two by two or three at a time if possible. Go down and repeat two more times. When you feel strong legs, do this exercise with weights for the muscle to tone up your legs and buttocks.
- Weights: nothing like a good routine of weights to work and raise your hips and legs. You can go with an instructor and ask an appropriate routine for your body. A very effective exercise to increase volume on the hips and legs are scissors. Lie down on the left side on the floor and recharge your head in your hand with the elbow flexed. Lift right leg until it forms an angle of 90 with the other leg. Up and down 10 reps, 3 sets. Switch legs, alternating with each repetition. If you manage to do this exercise without getting tired, you can hold a dumbbell in your ankle from 500 grms. and perform the same way.
- Bicycles are great for strengthening legs and turning.
- Buttocks: stay on the floor in doggy position and up the left leg and lower it back to its original position. Do this 15 times, alternating legs. Repeat 3 times. Do this exercise with a weight on your ankles of 500 grams or a kilo as you progress.
Diet is an important part while doing an exercise routine and body modeling. And the first thing to consider is a diet that helps the nutrients and fats to get absorbed and assimilated better, so your body can them distribute well. The main thing is to try to consume two to three servings of raw vegetables a day, either in salad or juice, and include whole grains, vegetables and enough pure water, at least 2 liters a day. Avoid sugars and refined flours, junk food, fried meats of animal origin. Try eating vegetable proteins such as those found in yeast, amaranth, milk plants, etc. These proteins are much healthier and will provide a more slender and proportionate body.
About the author
This is just perfect for me! I feel that my back is very big in contrast with the rest of my body. I?ll try these exercises to tone my skin and muscles as well and to try to reduce my back even though I think it is genetic because both my father and mother have a very large back.
Great exercises! Thanks so much, I’m so excited to give them a try! I definitely have that body type – thin and lanky, and my hips aren’t that much wider than my waist. I used to cycle a LOT, but now I just do a little running and yoga, and I’m going to start dedicating a lot more time this winter to getting back into shape. Yoga is an excellent complement to most of the “normal” sports, like running and cycling, because it does a great job of toning the upper body (especially Ashtanga yoga!!), and it stretches you out, where normally, runners and cyclists might have a tendency to tighten up.