Published: 06/03/2007 - Updated: 07/29/2021
Author: Nayeli Reyes
The ovolacteovegetarians are those who eliminate from their diet the protein of animal origin, but who maintain the consumption of eggs and milk. Most vegetarians belong to this group. This article presents several recipes: Hard boiled eggs stuffed with spinach, Nuts in yoghurt sauce, Lettuce cream.
Boiled eggs stuffed with spinach
- 4 large eggs
- 80 g of pureed spinach (homemade or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon of pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon of raisins
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Put the grapes to soak for 30 minutes in a bowl of very hot water.
- Drain, dry and cut into pieces. Chop the pine nuts. Place the eggs in boiling water to cook for 10 minutes. Allow to cool and peel. Cut a piece of egg in the widest part so they can keep standing. Cut the other end to make a lid. Remove the yolks carefully.
- Crush the yolk in a bowl and mix with the pureed spinach and olive oil until a homogeneous paste.
- Add salt and pepper, pine nuts and grapes, and mix well. Fill the eggs with the preparation and put on the salad leaves.
Nuts in yogurt sauce
- Walnuts (peeled if you want facilitating the operation)
- 2 natural yoghurts
- Peel the nuts if necessary and place in a bowl.
- In a bowl mix the yogurt with honey to produce a creamy texture. Add the nuts and mix.
The sauce is much better using creamy yogurt. You can give a fresh touch, adding vanilla ice cream to the mixture or by placing a ball on each plate.
Cream of lettuce
- A medium lettuce
- a liter of milk
- a bucket of chicken broth
- one tablespoon of butter
- half spoon of chopped onion
- Mill lettuce with the bucket of milk and chicken broth. Fry onions in butter until the onion transparent.
- Pour it in a blender with crushed onions fried in butter, and let simmer until ready.
About the author