Kombu is a seaweed rich in iodine, potassium and calcium. In addition to a delicious sweet flavor to the dishes goes well with vegetables, tofu, soups and pasta. One gram of this alga a day provides enough iodine, which greatly helps to balance and proper functioning of the endocrine glands. This end of the year you can surprise your guests with these delicious and nutritious dishes to die for.
- 1 strip of kombu seaweed soaked overnight
- 1 leek chopped
- ½ small pumpkin cut into large cubes
- ¼ white cabbage chopped large
- 1 ear of corn chopped
- 4-5 slices of fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon of mugi miso
- 1 teaspoon of toasted sesame oil (optional)
- finely chopped fresh chives
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, place the kombu and water to soak. Add more water to obtain an amount of about 2 cups.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add vegetables and ginger. Cover and cook over medium-low for 30 minutes.
- Dilute miso with a little of the liquid from the soup or stew, and integrate it in baking, along with the oil. Cook over low heat 1-2 minutes and turn off heat.
- Serve with chive oil. If kombu is still hard, can be used for another dish.
Salad of fried vegetables with tofu and Kombu
- Two carrots, a yellow pepper, one green and one red.
- Two endives and 2 cups of peas.
- Cherry tomatoes.
- Kombu Seaweed.
- A block of tofu.
- extra virgin olive oil.
- Soy sauce.
- Cut all the vegetables julienne, except peas.
- Cut the tofu into slices or cubes, fry in olive oil and place in a bowl with soy sauce and set aside.
- Sauté in olive oil, vegetables and cherry tomatoes and sprinkle some salt.
- Fry without soaking kombu seaweed as it comes out of the bag.
- Place on a platter and serve with the drained tofu soy sauce.
- Finally put on a platter and serve with the drained tofu soy sauce.
Pumpkin and Kombu cream
- 1/2 pumpkin
- Kombu pieces of about 2 cm
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- Peel the pumpkin, cut into small pieces and bring the fire with water, seaweed and sea salt.
- When it boils, lower the heat to low, cover the pan and continue cooking for about 1 ½ hour.
- During cooking liquid should be reduced rather sweet, the end process ingredients forming a cream.
- Used to spread cookies, rice crackers and bread.
Note: The algae along with sea salt sweeten and add minerals. OPTION: If you want to this cream you can add raisins and honey
Potatoes with kombu
- 4 medium potatoes washed and chopped
- 2 parsnips chopped
- 3 carrots chopped
- 4 onions cut into quarters
- 2 strips of kombu seaweed
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 tablespoons of toasted almonds, peeled and chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- fresh parsley
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- olive oil
- Soak kombu overnight.
- Cut into small pieces.
- Sauté with a little olive oil, garlic and onions with a pinch of sea salt, for 2-3 minutes.
- Add a background water soaking the kombu seaweed, algae along with the cut, the rest of the vegetables, bay leaves, cinnamon stick and a pinch of sea salt.
- Cover and cook over medium / low heat for 30-40 minutes.
- Add the chopped almonds and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Serve with fresh parsley.
Kombu and rice with chayote (dry soup)
- 1 cup of brown rice Yamani (or choose)
- 1 onion.
- 2 shallots diced precooked and parties.
- 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil.
- 3 tablespoons of soaked kombu seaweed.
- 2 cups of water.
- Gomasio to taste.
- Soak ten minutes in fresh water algae.
- Finely chop the onion, sauté in oil, add the drained algae, continue cooking over low heat.
- Wash rice and add to mixture stirring continuously to toast the rice, taking care that it does not stick.
- Add the two cups of water, squash and boil five minutes.
- Cover the pan and continue cooking over low heat until the water is reduced.
- Season to taste with sea salt and pepper
- Serve sprinkled with gomasio.
The best of Seaweed Recipes
Products related with Kombu seaweed recipes (special selection for year-end dinner)
Related categories of the Shop
You have not found what you were looking for?