Published: 05/01/2009 - Updated: 09/06/2018
The Kefir Yogurt is a kind of very popular throughout the world for its therapeutic and very friendly properties to the body. The kefir is a ferment of acid and milk produced on a small scale using a process where other than yeasts and bacteria is added to water or milk, which do not support industrial processes. It is a food similar to yogurt, which has been known since ancient times in Europe.
The preparation of kefir is not too complicated but if not done properly you will never get this kind of yogurt so popular and so delicious.
Preparation of kefir
- ¾ l. of milk
- 150 g. of kefir nodules
- 1 glass of 1 liter
Note: For the first time to make the kefir, you need a big spoonful of nodules and quarter liter of milk. When nodules are slowly growing, add more milk. Ratios also depend on whether we prefer to be more clear or more thick.
- We put the milk, at room temperature in the container. Add nodules kefir, cover and let it stand.
- Strain kefir nodules. The kefir will have an astringent effect if we strain past 36 hours and gently laxative if we train past 24 hours.
- Once strained, reintroduce into the milk.
Preservation of kefir
- The nodule should be washed with water and the container once a week.
- We need to protect from excessive heat or cold.
- To make the slow fermentation process, if we take a few days, we can put it in the fridge. If we are going to be more than a week without taking it, we can conserve water and nodules in the refrigerator.
- It should be borne in mind that: The tools we use to prepare kefir (a pot and a strainer), better should not be of aluminum because the material is not stable in medium acid, as in the kefir, and could transfer harmful particles.
- The kefir, brings the benefits of milk without hinder the digestive process. Regenerates the intestinal flora and has antibiotic and antiviral effect. In external use is a powerful antiseptic that helps heal wounds.
Kefir preparation to consume vegetables and sandwiches
- 2 cups of fresh kefir
- 1 fresh of parsley, cut
- ½ fresh onion, chopped
- 1 fresh garlic, chopped finally
- Sea salt 1.
- A dash of sesame oil
- 1 / 4 herbamare
- Of the Xanthan gum 1 / 2 teaspoon
- Combine all ingredients (except the Xanthan gum) and mix thoroughly.
- Slowly add Xanthan gum and continue mixing until the mixture thickens.
- The flavor is completely converted AFTER 6 to 8 hours.
The original recipe as with cream, which has been replaced by kefir
- 350 grs. of pastry flour
- 250 grs. of Brown sugar
- 250 grs. of sunflower oil
- 100 grs. of kefir
- 4 eggs
- 1 package of Royal yeast
- a pinch of sea salt
- grated lemon
- 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- In bowl, put the eggs and sugar an beat, add the lemon zest, oil and kefir and continue beating until creamy.
- Put the flour, salt and cocoa and yeast and incorporate in the form of rain on the batter, and mix everything carefully so the batter does not get off.
- Full 3 / 4 of the capsule paper, put some sugar in the center.
- Preheat the oven up and down to 250 C degrees, put the tray in the middle and low temperature to 210 Cº for 15 minutes approx. or until browned.
Soy yogurt (kefir)
- Kefir, a cup of grains
- A liter of soybean milk
- A metal colander
- A strainer cloth (a sleeve)
- We leave the Kefir in soybeans soaking 24 hours outside the refrigerator or cooler. After this time will be fraught, separating the serum from soybean curd.
- First strain normal with a strainer to separate the grains of soy kefir liquefied, and save for future uses. The drink that comes out has to slip a second time with a cloth or sieve and drain half hours down a serum that can be used for drinking because it is very energetic, but its flavor is strong.
- What remains in the mesh is soy yogurt. It is excellent, and replaces the yogurt perfectly.
Rolls of kefir
- 400 gr. of flour
- 100 gr. of Milk kefir
- 100 gr. of water
- 80gr. of butter
- 50gr. of honey
- 1 / 2 tablespoon of salt
- 1 envelope of baker's yeast
- Beaten egg for painting
- Some chocolate noodles and sugar (optional)
- Put milk kefir with 150gr of flour in a bowl, mix well and leave covered with a transparent film for 12 to 24 hours Place the yeast, honey and butter and water cook 1 minutes vel 2.5 temp. 37.
- Add flour and salt and set 3 min. vel. Spike
- Leave weigh on the glass and then shape you like, letting you carry again tightly covered with cling film to prevent drying.
- Paint with beaten egg and sprinkle with sugar or chocolate vermicelli.
- Bake at 250 ° with the preheated oven about 10 min. this depends on the furnace until they are golden.