Water retention is a metabolic disorder that involves the accumulation of water or other substances in the body.
It usually occurs in the legs, hands, or abdomen, sometimes causing swelling in the ankles and should be controlled because it can be a sign of heart failure.
There may also be fluid retention in the face and eyes, which make your face look bloated.
Why does this happen?
Fluid retention occurs when there is an imbalance in the level of body fluids, when blood vessels pour too much fluid on body tissues or when this is retained in tissues and does not return to the blood vessels.
The same occurs when the lymphatic vessels that transport lymph, are unable to carry part of the remaining liquid.
Other causes of fluid retention:
- Using tight clothes doesn’t improve blood circulation, leading to fluid retention in the lower extremities.
- Some medications, such as antidepressants or hormone treatments, can be accompanied by fluid retention.
- Excessive consumption of salt is another of the most common causes.
- In women, hormonal imbalances, pre-menstrual period, usually come together with this annoying symptom.
- A diet deficient in protein or bad absorption of the same
- Heat and humidity can dilate blood vessels, so that more liquid is filtered and promotes tissue swelling and typical fluid retention.
- Some physical activities and standing for too long, or conversely prolonged sitting, can cause fluid retention.
- The main symptom is swelling, especially in the limbs, legs, ankles, hands
- Heaviness in the legs due to fluid stagnation
- Abdominal swelling
There are some compounds that help eliminate fluid through the urine, are known as diuretics. Here we can find several fruits and most teas.
Because of their action, also cause the body to remove potassium, a mineral that is important, so those who consume these juices, or follow a diuretic therapy, should remember to use a potassium supplement or eating foods that are rich in this mineral, such as bananas and orange juice.
Watermelon and Papaya Juice
- 1 cup of peeled and chopped papaya
- 2 cups of peeled and sliced watermelon
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALFriend fats for your health and beauty
Add both fruits to the juicer; mix well and drink fresh take. A glass of juice a day is enough
Guava and Watermelon Juice
- 2 guavas
- 1 cup of papaya
- 1 cup of peeled and sliced watermelon
Wash and cut the guavas, pass them in juicer along with other fruits and drink immediately.
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALRecipes with Green Beans
Parsley and Pineapple
- 2 cups of chopped pineapple
- 1 bunch of parsley
- Disinfect parsley.
- Take the ingredients and combine in the extractor. Take once a day.
Strawberry and Orange Juice
- 2 oranges
- 1 cup of strawberries
- 1 bunch of parsley
- Wash and disinfect the ingredients.
- Take off the tail to strawberries to disinfect.
- Squeeze the juice from the oranges, and pass strawberries and parsley for the juicer.
- Mix ingredients and drink.
Pineapple and hibiscus flower juice
- 2 cups of fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 cup of hibiscus flower infusion
- First prepare the infusion, putting one little handful of hibiscus flower leaves in a cup of water.
- Once ready, add the pineapple and blend until smooth juice. Drink daily.
About the author