Published: 01/06/2010 - Updated: 08/13/2019
These recipes are considered for those who require or wish to include iron in their diets recommended for pregnant women, athletes, nursing women or their period and for growing children. Iron is a mineral that is found in both plants and meat, is essential for the body, its deficiency causes, among other things, anemia, poor concentration, weakness, paleness, bad mood.
Kombu and lentils cream (very rich in iron)
- 150 gr. of organic Lentils (soaked put together with 1 cup of seaweed or separately)
- 1 carrot
- Average small or medium onion (white part)
- 1 garlic
- ½ green pepper
- 1 teaspoon of paprika (sweet and spicy mix if you like)
- dash of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 500 gr of water
- Cook the lentils with salt and algae.
- Once cooked, blend the remaining ingredients along with the lentils and seaweed until the desired consistency. If desired, add more water or, alternatively, add tomato to thicken.
- Place in a pan over medium heat for seasoning. Serve with little cream above.
Bean soup (rich in iron)
- 2 cups of beans
- 1 tomato
- 3 cloves of garlic
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the beans in 8 cups of water.
- Grind the tomatoes, onion and garlic, seasoned in oil.
- Add the above 3 ingredients to the soup along with cilantro.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Brown rice with Buttermilk (excellent source of iron)
- 2 cups of brown rice
- 1 knob of butter
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Soak rice overnight.
- Wash the rice in the morning in a pan, rinsing several times in succession until the water comes out not so murky. Drain well.
- Put in a saucepan with salt and oil and add a little less than twice the water.
- When starts to boil, reduce heat and cover. Cook about 20 minutes.
- Place the knob of butter on rice and melt. Serve.
Lentils with goat cheese
- 1/2 Kilo of Lentils
- 2 Tomatoes
- 200 gr of Goat cheese
- 1 piece of onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- Sea salt
- Clean the lentils and put to boil with salt.
- Liquefy the tomato, onion, and garlic, then fried in oil, since this is cooked add the cooked lentils and broth all, put the salt and let boil.
- To serve, add bits of goat cheese on top. And presto!
- 3 cups of spelt organic flour
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3 / 4 cup of brown sugar
- 100 grams of lard or butter
- 200 grams of finely chopped walnuts (preferably in processor or blender)
- 1 egg
- 1 and 1 / 4 cup of milk
- Mix all dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and chopped nuts.
- Stir quickly to hand: the egg, melted butter and milk.
- Grease and flour a loaf pan, place the preparation and bake in moderate oven for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick to make comes out dry.
- Cold cut in thin slices and serve!