Traveling and tasting the recipes from each place is fascinating. And, although there's not always the opportunity to travel, we can prepare at home dishes from different cultures. The Indian cuisine has much diversity depending on the region, but in general the dishes have vegetables as main ingredients and spices; meat is scarce.
The ingredients used are rice, black lentils, peas and chickpeas, combined with vegetables. Among the main seasoning are chili, black mustard, cumin, turmeric, ginger and cilantro. By the way, Westerners when taste some seasoning in India, often confuse with curry, but what actually tried is called masala, a spice or seasoning made with turmeric, coriander, cumin, fennel, saffron, pepper, walnut nutmeg, poppy, mace, ginger and garlic. In India, curry is a special dish of meat.
Serves: 4 people
- Processed cheese 150 g
- Dry coconut grated 100 g
- 1 tbsp of mango chutney
- Curry 1/2 tsp
- paprika 1/2 tsp
- 1 pinch of salt
- In the bowl, press the cheese, then add half of the coconut and mix well. Next, add the chutney, curry and salt, should be a smooth paste.
- Bring the dough to chill for at least 1 h. Before using, when that time has passed, place the rest of the coconut in shallow dish.
- Then with wet hands form the dough into balls and dip them in the coconut, taking care that they are well covered.
- Hand them out at the source, sprinkle with paprika and refrigerate 1 hr. before serving.
- 350g of long grain riceand cooked
- 250g of prawns
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 red pepper
- 1 eggplant
- 2 slices of pineapple
- 1 mango
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Wash eggplant, cut into cubes, salt, spray it and leave in a colander for half an hour to lose the bitterness.
- Cut the red pepper into small pieces and peel and cut mango into cubes.
- Heat the butter in a pan and fry over medium heat minced garlic for 1 minute, add 2 tablespoons of soy sauce and lime juice.
- Add the red pepper, eggplant, pineapple and mango and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Peel the prawns and season. Sauté the rice over two minutes, add the remaining tablespoon of soy and continue 2 or 3 minutes.
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALThe power of Whole Grains
- 1 cup of chickpea flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 red pepper or chilli
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 kg. of potato
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 150 cc. of Oil
- The potatoes are cooked with the shell.
- Once cooked, peel and chop into slices. Put aside.
- While mix the chickpea flour, salt, pepper, with water to prepare a homogeneous cream.
- Add the chopped red pepper chopped cilantro very finite and also fine.
- Pass around the potatoes and fry.
- Serve with meat.
- 50 g of potatoes
- 500 g of fresh peas
- 200 g of butter
- 7 g of turmeric
- 7 g of chili powder
- 2 g of ginger powder
- 2 g of ground cumin
- 500 g of tomatoes
- 1 cup of yogurt
- Peel the potatoes, cut into pieces; shelling peas. Melt a small portion of the butter in a pan and fry for a few minutes the peas and potatoes, pass them to a plate and set aside. In the butter remaining in the pan, fry the spices for a few minutes, salting to taste.
- Cut tomato into pieces and pour them into the pan adding the potatoes and peas, cook until everything is soft, then add the yogurt, and has previously beaten, heat aside until ready to serve.
Yield: 12 pieces (3-4 people)
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALAmaranth Recipes
- 12 pieces of chicken (or breasts statutes)
- 1/2 cup of tandoori powder (available in hindu stores)
- ½ cup of yogurt
- Mustard and salt
- 2 lemons
- A whole white onion
- one green and one red pepper (optional)
- flat aluminum tray
- Take off skin of the chicken pieces and make 3-4 deep cuts on each.
- Mix yogurt, tandoori powder, mustard and salt as required.
- Toss pasta with chicken pieces and let it soak for at least 6 hours.
- After the soaking is ready, arrange the pieces in the pan, cover with foil and bake at 350 F for 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 250 F and then bake and broil alternately in cycles of 30 minutes for 2 hours. From time to time, remove the tray and replace the chicken pieces before putting them inside. If there is too much water, drain. If the chicken pieces look too dry, sprinkle some water mixed with lemon juice. After baking, remove the pieces out and brush the excess tandoori paste.
Pakoras (vegetables in batter)
For the mass of batter:
- 2 cups of gram flour (besan)
- 1 spoon of chilli powder
- cumin seeds
- a pinch of baking powder (optional)
- abundant oil for frying
- Green Chili
- Coriander leaves
- Mint leaves
- In a large bowl, mix the chickpea flour, salt, baking soda and cumin seeds, add water gradually, stirring with a spoon until it is the consistency of a cream. Add some chilli powder (spicy).
- Peel wash and cut the potatoes into thin slices.
- While the slices are mixed with batter and fry in hot oil, brown on both sides and drain on paper towels.
About the author