There is no better way to visit a new place than through the palate, a spoonful of a dish can tell us much of a landscape and the people who inhabit it. History, religion and resources of a country are forgotten when you sit on the table, on this occasion it is a journey to a spicy land, that the amount of ingredients allows us to see that we are facing a complex region, too many languages, religions and social groups. I mean India, which I never have visited, but once I tried a dish adapted from their lands or original of these, a spark of wonder came to mind, what did these people employ these ingredients or why omit these others?, sometimes it is a god, a social stratum, growing things at home and at other times the question is different, why it tastes so familiar?, a Portuguese ship, a new fruit for India from the mainland American, mixes of new cultures in an ancient subcontinent. Let's see what you think of these three recipes and if your appetite gets astonished:
Tikka Masala Chicken
- 1 kg of boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup of plain yogurt
- 3 tbsp. of chopped fresh ginger
- 3 tbsp. of minced garlic
- ¼ tbsp. of turmeric
- 1 tbsp. of pepper
- ¼ tbsp. of ground cumin
- ¼ tbsp. of nutmeg
- ¼ tbsp. of cardamom powder
- ¼ tbsp. of chili powder
- 3 tbsp. of lemon juice
- Vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp. of melted butter
- 1 tbsp. of red chili powder
- 1 tbsp. of chopped green chiles and deveined
- 150 ml of tomato paste
- 300 ml of tomato puree
- 1 kg. of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. of garlic paste
- 2 tbsp. of ginger paste
- 1 tbsp. of clove
- 8 green cardamom pods
- 3 tbsp. of butter
- 2/3 cup of sour cream
- 3 pinches of finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp. of ginger cut into Juliana
- Salt and sugar to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large, deep bowl except the chicken breasts and butter.
- Cut chicken breasts into cubes and add to the mixture. Marinate at least one night covered container in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 180 ° C and bake the chicken for about 10 minutes, half of this time check the chicken and add the butter, then let bake 5 minutes more.
- Put tomatoes, tomato puree and tomato paste in a case and add 4 cups of water.
- Add green chilies, red chili powder, cloves, garlic paste, cardamom, salt and sugar.
Simmer until the sauce reduces.
- Strain the mixture and pour it into a new container, adding the cream and butter, mixing well.
- Bathe chicken with the sauce and mix with ginger. Serve with a sprinkling of cilantro.
Masala Fish curry style
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALHide and seek of Happiness
- ½ kg. of fish fillet of your choice
- 2 cup of liquefied and softened curd
- 4 tbsp. of mustard oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 1 cardamom pod
- 1 ground ginger into a paste (use processor)
- 1 onion ground, paste form (use processor)
- 2 tbsp. of red chili powder
- 1 tbsp. of turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp. of ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. of sugar
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil
- Cut fish fillets into strips and dip lightly on flour.
- Preheat oil and fry fish strips until they turn a golden color. To remove excess oil, put on absorbent paper.
- Fry slightly with mustard oil cardamom, bay leaf and cinnamon. Then add ginger, onion, chilli, cumin and turmeric. After a while, add the ricotta.
- Add fish, some water, salt and sugar. And cook into a thick, golden sauce.
- Serve accompanied by white rice.
Basundi (milk dessert)
- 1 liter of whole milk
- ½ cup of sugar
- 3 cardamom pods
- 3 shelled almonds
- 3 shelled pistachios
- 10 strands of saffron
- Soak saffron in 2 tbsp. of warm milk and set aside.
- Finely chop almonds and pistachios.
- Remove skin and cardamom seeds, after cleaning, pulverize in a mortar.
- Mix Cardamom with almonds and pistachios.
- Spend saffron with milk in mortar and dissolve as much as possible.
- Boil the remaining milk, stirring to prevent sticking, when it comes to a boil reduce the flame and simmer until reduced to 2/3 of its original volume.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the boiling milk and so leave at least 4 min. Remove from heat and cool.
- Serve and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, stirring occasionally while refrigerated to prevent creaming on its surface.
- Serve ice cream, you can add some nuts on the surface as desired.
About the author