Market for natural products is rapidly changing. Continuously as new opportunities arise in sectors that are considered stable and reliable rapidly in crisis. We are talking about a market of over 50 billion U.S. dollars, consolidated, particularly in Europe and the United States.
Today medicinal plants are recognized as an alternative to traditional medicine and agro-industrial use. Experience shows that medicinal plants can contribute to the development of the region through the strategic use of biodiversity and available study, multidisciplinary and systematic approach to achieve collective self-reliance. Given the above it is necessary to identify opportunities to existing markets and production technologies.
Nationally there is a market for medicinal plants that traditionally works in the market places and other market has developed in parallel phytomedicines at stores and laboratories generating higher value added product. However, expansion and involvement of new plants in this market has not had the expected momentum as the potential of our resources, because among other things, the legislation that currently governs the area.
The market then is the first step to plan the marketing of products. This planning should be framed in developing a business plan and management plan for natural resources in this way to define the strategy of production, either extraction or cultivation, and marketing products.
Realizing the importance of working in this sector as a strategic development for the country, the National University of Colombia Palmira Headquarters, will hold the Third International Congress on Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, with the participation of leading national and international speakers. This congress is expected contributions that will contribute to the development of this sector and to define the guidelines and directions for building a business opportunity for the various communities in the new scenarios of competition and globalization.
General Purpose :
- Facilitating interaction scenarios, national and international cooperation and technology transfering between business sectors, business, academia and government to stimulate research, production, processing and marketing of medicinal plants in order to maximize Native plant resources without destroying them or threaten their survival.
- Contributing to the strengthening of associations, entrepreneurs and producers in marketing for the insertion of agroindustry of medicinal and aromatic plants in the socioeconomic development and sustainable development of the region.
- Strengthening institutional capacity in designing and implementing research and development projects to promote the integration of agro of medicinal and aromatic plants in the national and international stages.
- Sharing information, research results and exchange experiences and research to implement new technologies, expand marketing opportunities and marketing and promoting economic development in the region.
- Knowing the requirements, regulations, legislations necessary to enter the market for these species.
- Performing a business round of the Sector.
Presentation of papers
Work for oral or poster presentations must submit abstracts before September 30, 2008.
Oral presentations must be related to the central topic of the event (marketing) and work on poster may be related to different areas such as Botany, Phytochemistry, Bioassays, Agribusiness, Conservation, Genetics, Agro-technology , marketing, commercialization, industrialization, etc..
Abstracts must meet the following specifications:
Abstract written in Spanish in Word format, with margins of 2.5 cm per side. Using 12 point Courier type font (or equivalent), not exceeding 300 words.
The abstract should contain:
Title in capitals, surname of author / s (first letter capitalized, followed by the first letter of the name (s) in uppercase). After Work, address and e-mail.
Introduction, objectives materials and methods, results and conclusions.
Acceptance and Selection:
A Scientific Committee will select papers for oral presentation. Other work (text or poster) will be published in the reports.
The authors of the works selected for oral presentation will be informed on September 30 and must submit the complete text of the work and the power point presentation before October 14. The Power Point presentation is 10 minutes maximum.
The Scientific Committee fully respects what is written in the abstract, editing and reports are the responsibility of the author.
For more information
University Extension Office, Administrative Building, 2nd. Piso, PBX 2717000 Ext 35480-35180-35381
The best of Fitoterapia
Products related with III International Congress on Medicinal and Aromatic Plants
Related categories of the Shop
You have not found what you were looking for?