Published: 05/22/2009 - Updated: 06/07/2016
Have you tried the cinnamon ice cream? What about chamomile? How about a mint, sage or rosemary? Here we show you a new form of taking tea, a rich in ice ball served on a wafer. To see that the herbs are not only used to make soups and teas, here we give you another option for you to take advantage of herbs in a delicious ways. You'll all, especially in the hot season, but in particular are very original to serve as a dessert for dinner or special events.
Mint ice cream
Yield: about 1 kilo.
- 2 and 1 / 2 cups of milk (625cc.)
- 3 / 4 cup of powdered milk (80 grams approx.)
- 1 and 1 / 2 cups of sugar (300 grams)
- 2 teaspoons of corn starch
- 1 cup of cream
- 3 whites
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- essence of mint to taste
- 3 tablespoons of mint liqueur
- Green food coloring to tint
- 100 grams of chocolate covered
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa
- 100cc. of cream cheese (cream)
- Place the glass of milk, milk powder, sugar and corn starch in a blender.
- Blend and bring to the fire until the preparation thickens and lift the boil somewhat.
- Remove and add a tiny amount of green.
- Stir and check if the color is right. If it does not, add more until you get the tone.
- Cool quickly invested in a water bath.
- Whisk the cream and half a point to be added to the previous preparation.
- Add the liqueur and then the essence of a bit to get the flavor.
- Beat the clear and sugar until meringues (firm but not entirely).
- Incorporate half previous to the preparation or mixing.
- Incorporate the rest mixing smoothky.
- Lead to the freezer until ice cream to take point.
- Serve in cups with chocolate sauce.
Preparation of the chocolate sauce
- Grate or chop the chocolate into pieces. Add cocoa.
- Besides, boil the cream, and put over on the chocolate.
- Mix until it forms a homogeneous sauce.
Mint ice cream
(with bitter chocolate fondant)
Ingredients For the Fondant
- 250 g of butter
- 275 g of chocolate coating
- 50 g of egg yolks
- 220 g of egg whites
- 15 g of sugar
Ice Cream ingredients
- Milk 1 l
- 80 mint leaves
- 10 egg yolks
- 250 g of sugar
- 150 ml of cream
- Boil the milk, remove from fire and mint tea for 30 minutes
- Mix yolks in a bowl with sugar.
- Add the milk with the mint leaves and cream. Cook like an English cream.
- Strain cream, put in the refrigerator until it takes consistency.
- Beat butter with a small rod in a blender, add the coverage on three times, beat the mixture well.
- Mount to clear the snow with the sugar and add the yolks, add the mixture to avoid the drop.
Herbs ice cream
- 150 cc. of whole milk
- 500 cc. of Cream
- 20 gr. of fresh leaves of sage, thyme and rosemary
- One tablespoon of Japanese green tea leaves
- 8 egg yolks
- 200 gr. of Sugar
- Warm up the milk in a saucepan with the cream until it begins to boil. Add fresh herbs and green tea leaves. Stir, cover and let stand, and with the fire off about 20-30 minutes, to make the infusion.
- Strain through a fine strainer and reserve. Mix the egg yolks in a saucepan with the sugar, beating 2-3 minutes. Add the cream and milk mixture and stir with a wooden spoon, over medium heat.
- Let cook over very gentle heat, without coming to the boil, stirring without stopping until the cream begins to thicken. Put away from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Freeze the cream following our advice in this regard. If you have a freezing, introduce the cream in the freezing until the ice is at its point of creaminess. If you do not have to freeze the cream stops completely, cut into pieces and passes through the blender to break the ice crystals within the ice. Another option is to directly freeze the cream, beating with a fork every half hour, until creamy.
Chamomile Ice cream
- 25 cl. of liquid cream
- 10 cl. of water
- 8 egg yolks
- 250 g. of sugar
- 15 g. of chamomile flowers
- 20 deciliters of water
- An infusion is prepared with ingredients listed and let cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare the syrup, boiling sugar with 10 cl. of water for 5 minutes.
- In parallel, beat the egg yolks. Then slowly add the syrup, beating mixture to which is added to the infusion of chamomile pouring, stirring well.
- As the last ingredient, add the whipped cream, a small amount first and then the rest.
- Pour into a mold, cover, leave in the freezer at least 6 hours.
Cinnamon ice cream
- Cinnamon 1 or two sticks
- Water, 5 cups
- Sugar, 1 and 1 / 4 cups
- Water, 2 tbsp
- cornstarch, 1 tbsp
- squeezed lemon, 1 tbsp
- In the pot, pour 5 cups water, add the cinnamon and bring the heat to medium / high to boil until the liquid takes color, flavor and has 4 small cups. Then add the sugar and let boil 5 min. more.
- Meanwhile, dissolve the starch in two tablespoons of water and then add it, stirring with wooden spoon, to the previous preparation. Continue cooking over low heat, always stirring, about 5 min .. Remove from heat, let cool and add lemon juice.
- Pour into container, let cool completely and bring to freeze. When they start to solidify, beat to break the crystals, and make it creamy. Repeat the operation two more times, about every 1 h. until you have the desired point.