Published: 10/16/2008 - Updated: 05/31/2016
The breads are one of the delights and better companies of all tables: we accompany dishes of all kinds, we can build any number of stews and desserts like pizza, burgers , sandwiches , muffins , donuts, pastries , and so on . The bread also can be one of the most complete foods if we learn to combine with seeds and certain cereals. Then we share five delicious recipes so you can eat bread without regrets.
Wholemeal bread with sunflower seeds, sesame and alfalfa
Yield: 6 pieces
- 100 grams of fresh yeast or 3 tablespoons of dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of warm water
- 1kg of flour
- fine flour 1/2kg
- 2 tablespoons of fine salt
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 3/4 cup of oil
- 50 g of sunflower seed
- 3 tablespoons of sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons of alfalfa seeds
- 3/4 quart of warm water ( 750cc. )
- Put in a bowl the yeast and sugar. Add the warm water always stirring until dissolved.
- Cover and reserve .
- Put the seeds in a pan with a teaspoon of oil . Bring the fire and leave just a few minutes to toast .
- Mix continuously to prevent burning .
Assembling the dough:
- Besides , put in a large bowl the flour , whole wheat flour , salt , brown sugar and mix .
- Add the roasted seeds and oil.
- Incorporate a little warm water and half of premixed yeast , stirring always .
- Add remaining water little by little until all the ingredients come together and form a dough.
- The amount of water can vary a bit , depending on the sophistication of the amount of liquid meals that may be needed for the dough .
- Dump the dough on floured board and begin to work it resting one hand on the bottom of the dough and the other stretching and returning it to the place with continuous and smooth movements.
- These movements are repeated until the it becomes smooth, elastic and no longer sticks to the table.
- During the kneading, use a little flour to help work the dough as it is ready.
- These movements are interspersed with some punches.
- It takes both hands and pounded hard against the table. This helps the gluten to develop faster and the dough is more fluffy.
- Once the dough is ready rather form a smooth roll and place on a lightly floured place. Cover with plastic wrap, (nylon , plastic ) and then with a cloth.
- Leave it in a warm place where the temperature of the place to help you weigh and doubled in volume.
Dotting the dough:
- The dough should be very spongy and inflated like a balloon.
- Form breads. Once the dough is leavened dumped on the table and proceeds to degas moving a bit as if you were kneading . It is divided into six equal parts .
- Take one and is formed by rotating a roll on the table and flute shaping. Do the same with the remaining dough.
- Settle on clean plates and making cuts with a sharp knife on top of the bread.
- Paint with beaten egg and spread sunflower seeds. They are covered with a cloth and allowed to weigh.
Orange with raisins buns
- 2 oranges ( juice )
- 1 lemon ( scrape)
- 150 grams of raisin
- 100 grams of nuts
- 2 cups of rice flour
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- ¼ cup of butter
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites , beat the yolks with the previous preparation .
- Beat egg whites until stiff and incorporate , add flour, baking powder , orange juice , lemon zest, raisins and nuts.
- Bake 30 minutes or until the bread is cooked .
Sweet apple bread
1 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of bran
- 1/2 cup of oatmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of baking
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup of oil
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of walnuts
- half of raisins
- 2 grated apples
- Mix all the ingredients to make a dough.
- Put it in a mold and bake at medium heat until pricking it with a needle this is clear.
- Cool the bread.
Wheat buns stuffed with mushrooms
- 12 rolls of about 4 cm in diameter (if you do not find the rolls can make it yourself)
- 4 mushrooms
- 1-2 lettuce
- 2 pickles
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise (optional )
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1 bunch of chives
- 2 bunches of tarragon
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Cut the top and empty the rolls.
- Discard the hard part of the mushrooms and wash them quickly under running water , drain and dry them.
- Wash and dry lettuce. Cut mushrooms and pickles into thin strips.
- Wash the parsley , do the same with the chives and tarragon , dry and chop very fine .
- In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise with the mustard , oil , parsley , chives and chopped tarragon . Add the salt and stir well until well blended and well amalgamated .
- In another bowl, put the strips of mushroom, lettuce and pickle, pour some of the sauce over the ingredients and mix well . Fill the rolls with the mixture, arrange them in a tabletop fountain and serve with the remaining sauce.
Wholemeal chocolate chip
Yield: 2 small pancakes or a big one, as the mold
- 250 gr. of Butter, softened
- 250 gr. Of Brown sugar
- 250 gr. of Whole wheat
- 5 eggs
- 1 tbsp. of Baking powder and 3 of oatmeal
- 150 gr . of From chocolate bar , diced ( can use semisweet)
- Grease and flour molds.
- Cream butter until it is as an ointment and look a bit fluffy.
- Beat eggs and sugar together until eggs look fluffy and pale yellow. Integrate this to the butter.
- Add the flour , oats and baking powder , sifted previously on the mixture and finally add the chopped chocolate . Integrate and put in baking dish.
- Bake at 200 ° C for about 45 minutes. Stick to test to see if the bread already .
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly before unmolding .