Published: 05/20/2013 - Updated: 10/09/2018
Whether in the kitchen or in the medicine cabinet, lemon is an ingredient that has multiple uses, which have since been tried and tested in scientific research. Since ancient times, people have been taking advantage of the healing properties of lemon, however, even today it is known as the king of natural medicine.
It has earned this title because of all the healing properties that the juice, pulp, peel and even seeds contain. It is also useful for beauty and can be used to combat obesity, so including this powerful citric fruit in your everyday diet is an excellent choice.
Home Remedies with Lemon
- Flu and fever: Cut ½ a lemon into small pieces, peel it and boil the peel for a few minutes in water. Then filter it and sweeten with a little honey. Try to drink this preparation two to three times a day.
- For angina: Pour 10 teaspoons of lemon juice in a glass of water and gargle with the preparation several times a day. To prevent angina, especially during seasonal changes, it is recommended to soak a cotton cloth in hot lemon juice, squeeze and apply as a compress on the neck once daily. Cover with a woolen cloth for warmth and repeat when the cloth starts to cool.
- For nasal congestion: Vacuum up a little lemon juice through your nose to clear the nasal and sinus areas of the face and head when suffering from a cold.
- Against sweating: Apply a few drops of lemon in the armpits, as it has the ability to neutralise odor and cool the body down.
- For bad breath: Lemon juice dropped in a glass of hot water can be used as an effective toothpaste that removes tartar from the teeth and eliminates bad breath. However it is recommended to wash the mouth with water to remove the citric acid as this can damage the tooth enamel.
- For insomnia: To calm the nerves and sleep better, you can make a tea with lemon flowers by boiling a tablespoon of flowers in a cup of water for 2 minutes. You should try to drink the tea before bedtime.
- Another option is to take lemon juice mixed with a couple tablespoons of honey and warm water before bed.
- Against Stomach pain: You should mix half a cup of warm water with lemon juice. If you find it too acidic, you can add a teaspoon of sugar. It can be taken after a heavy meal or if you are feeling unwell.
- For varicose veins: Rub the affected area with lemon essential oil to relieve discomfort or pain from varicose veins. For a relaxing bath, you can add 6 drops of this essential oil in a tub with warm water. If you do not have essential oil, you can produce it at home by mixing 2 tablespoons of olive oil with the juice of a lemon.
- Against intestinal parasites: Prepare a spoonful of crushed lemon seeds (with children use only 10 seeds), boil them in a glass of milk and strain. Drink a glass a day while fasting for 3 or 4 days.
- For swelling of feet: Dissolve a little lemon juice in a foot cream, mix well and perform a foot massage to relax the feet.
- For otitis: Soak a cotton ball with lemon juice and apply to the ear to relieve pain.
- For rheumatic pain or shock: Cut a lemon in half and with one of the parts, massage the area where you feel pain.
- For sores or rashes: Apply a few drops of fresh lemon juice on the injury or affected area.
The best of Healthy Food
Products related with Home Remedies with Lemon
Related categories of the Shop
You have not found what you were looking for?