Published: 05/10/2016 - Updated: 07/26/2017
The sweet potato is a tuber with many great health benefits. It is a vegetable that is widely available in many countries of the world, besides being economical and, of course, delicious.
Sweet potato provides 157 calories per 1 cup, so they are an excellent food to consume if you are trying lose weight. If not, it can also can benefit you through its high fibre and vitamin C content.
Vitamin C helps us improve and strengthen the immune system; It is excellent for improving the appearance of the skin and can even help us to lose weight. Another benefit of this tuber is that it is a good source of folic acid, calcium, potassium and beta carotene.
Beta-carotene is very good to regulate blood glucose levels.
This tuber can be incorporated into our diet in many ways, for example in soups, side dishes, stews or simply by cooking it and serving it baked or mashed, so you can take advantage of all its benefits and enjoy its delicious taste. Below you will find some very simple recipes you can prepare at home:
Baked Sweet Potato Fritters
- 2 Sweet potatoes
- ½ tsp. Paprika
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. Pepper
- 3 tbsp. Vegetable oil
- ¼ tsp. Cinnamon
1. The first thing to do is peel the sweet potatoes: Use a vegetable peeler or a sharp knife.
2. Cut the sweet potatoes the way you want: Either into thin slices or sticks if you want them to be crispy. It is important that you cut them into roughly the same size so that they cook evenly once they are placed in the oven.
3. Place the previously cut sweet potatoes in a deep bowl.
4. Add the oil and seasonings: paprika, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Mix well to integrate all the flavours and make sure they are distributed onto all slices of the sweet potato.
5. Place on a tray or baking sheet and spread the sweet potato chips, trying to prevent them from sticking to one another so they cook evenly and acquire a crunchy texture.
6. Bake at 200°C for about 15 minutes, reviewing them at half time to turn them onto the other side. Allow them to brown on both sides until they are golden brown.
Baked sweet potatoes with potatoes and rosemary
- 3 Potatoes
- 1 Sweet potato
- 3 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ tsp. ground pepper
1. Cut the potatoes and sweet potatoes into medium pieces or thick slices roughly about the same size.
2. Place the chopped pieces in a bowl and add the remaining ingredients, mix well with a spoon or using your hands to coat them with the oil and herbs.
3. Put the mixture onto a tray or baking sheet, distribute them well to ensure they become crispy and are cooked more evenly.
4. Roast them at approximately 200°C for about 30 min or until they are golden brown and crisp. Do not forget to stir the potato mixture occasionally.
5. When they are ready, place them on a serving dish and add salt and pepper to taste.
Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Orange
- 4 Sweet potatoes
- 1 Orange
- ½ cup of Coriander
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
1. Clean the sweet potatoes by brushing well and removing all the dirt and earth on their skin.
2. Place in a suitable baking dish. You have two options for baking: In a conventional oven or microwave. If you do it in a conventional oven, cook the potatoes at 200°C for about 45 minutes or until tender. If you are using a microwave, cover the dish with plastic wrap and cook at full power for 12 to 15 minutes. Do not forget to pierce the skins with the tip of a knife to allow steam to escape from sweet potatoes.
3. Allow the sweet potatoes to cool slightly, before peeling the skin off and scraping out all of the pulp.
4. Place the pulp in a deep bowl and set aside.
5. Extract the orange zest and add to the sweet potato pulp.
6. Finely chop the coriander and add to the pulp.
7. Extract the orange juice and incorporate into the puree mixture.
8. Add the olive oil and mix to incorporate all ingredients.
9. Finally, season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
The best of Recipes with vegetables
Products related with Healthy recipes with Sweet Potato
Related categories of the Shop
You have not found what you were looking for?