Published: 04/05/2016 - Updated: 04/05/2016
Oatmeal is a great grain that has accompanied mankind for thousands of years, and more recently in my own personal lifestory, has accompanied all of my breakfasts. Oats originated in the Middle East and were popularised and domesticated by early European populations, hence why the Europeans have developed more recipes with this versatile cereal than any other culture in the world, including breads, biscuits, porridge, meat stuffings, etc. Oatmeal is a very pleasant breakfast in the morning and can be mixed with other elements to make a very complete food source which satisfies hunger for a long period of time. As a result, oats are a perfect way to start the working day and you won't have to snack later on in the morning to alleviate hunger just a few hours after having breakfast. One hundred grams of oatmeal can provide you with 20% of the calories you require daily, up to 34% protein, an excellent source of fibre and some vitamins and minerals too.
The recipes shared below are very simple to prepare, so you will be able to prepare them every morning without problems as you will only need to invest a few minutes for each one. You can also also incorporate some of these proposals into dinners or any time of day that you wish. Do not forget to leave your questions in the comments section and please share your own favourite recipes with oats; Mine is oat crepes!
- 1 cup of oats
- 2½ cups of water
- 2 tbsp. of Stevia
- ¼ tsp. of salt
- 1 tsp of Vanilla
1. Soak the oats in a little water just to cover them for a minimum of 30 minutes.
2. Once the oats are soaked well enough, strain them and discard the soaking water.
3. Blend or process with 2 and a half cups of water. Blend until all ingredients are incorporated.
4. Strain again into a clean container with a fine mesh strainer. Strain several times to obtain a thick, creamy milk.
5. Incorporate the stevia, vanilla and salt into the milk, mix well until all ingredients are incorporated.
6. Reserve in the refrigerator until it is time to serve it. You can use as a substitute to cow's milk.
Refrigerated Oats with Fruit
- 1/3 cup. Oats
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. Chia seeds
- calorie-free sweetener to taste
- 1 Banana
- ½ cup of strawberries
- 1 tbsp. chopped almonds
1. Preparing this recipe is very simple: The important thing is to do it the night before to acquire the right consistency.
2. Use a container with a lid or cover and refrigerate the oats.
3. Place oats in the container, remember to use oat flakes instead of instant oatmeal.
4. Incorporate the chia seeds - These help to give a lot of texture to the recipe and they are also very healthy.
5. Add the milk and Greek yogurt. You can also opt for a yogurt fruity or you can choose natural yoghurt without flavouring if you prefer.
6. Add the vanilla and sweetener; mix all the ingredients and combine well.
7. Let stand overnight or for at least 4 hours in the refrigerator.
8. Once the oats have been refrigerated, chop the sliced bananas and strawberries into pieces and add to oatmeal.
9. Serve the porridge with banana. You can also sprinkle a little cinnamon and chopped almonds on top.
Oat crepes with strawberries and yoghurt
- ¼ cup Oats
- 4 egg whites
- ¾ cup Vegetable milk or water
- ½ tsp. Chia seeds
- 1 tsp. Honey
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup Greek yoghurt
1. This recipe is very simple and perfect for preparing breakfast. To prepare the crepes, the first thing to do is put all the ingredients together except from the honey, strawberries and Greek yogurt.
2. Liquify the mixture and let it stand for about 10 minutes. This helps it form a thicker consistency. Thanks to the chia seeds it thickens enough to form the perfect crepe.
3. Heat a pan and place a little oil to prevent the crepes from sticking.
4. Put a portion of the dough mixture into the pan and spread around gently to form a thin layer.
5. Cook until the edges begin to brown and then turn carefully.
6. Cook for a moment and remove, then repeat this process until all the dough is used up. With this recipe you can make around 6 crepes.
7. Chop strawberries and mix with yogurt; place as a stuffing inside, roll up and serve with a little honey.
Egg and dairy-free Oatmeal Cookies
- 2 Bananas
- 1 tsp. Vanilla essence
- ½ cup Vegetable oil
- 1 & 1/3 cup Oat flakes
- ½ cup Flour
- ½ tsp. Baking powder
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon powder
- ¼ cup blueberries
1. Mash the bananas with a fork.
2. Mix the mashed bananas, vegetable oil and vanilla essence together to incorporate all the ingredients.
3. Incorporate the dry ingredients, oat flakes, flour and baking powder.
4. Mix all ingredients well until they form a thick mass.
5. Add the dried cranberries and cinnamon to the preparation and mix well.
6. Spoon the cookie dough into small portions on a baking try with baking paper.
7. Bake at 180°C for about 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
The best of Recipes with Grains
Products related with Healthy Recipes with Oats
Related categories of the Shop
You have not found what you were looking for?