Published: 01/28/2011 - Updated: 09/06/2018
The health is not impossible with fun! Children can have fun and a delicious menu but this doesn’t have to be full of sugar or products that harm their health just as soft drinks, which contain dyes and amount of pollutants that only alter and impair the nervous and digestive systems of children. These recipes are delicious, even the most demanding child like them. Do not think that healthy foods are unattractive, since something healthy can cause pleasure and enjoyment.
So if you want to give a nutritious, practical and fun menu, here are these recipes:
(For 2 people, so adequate quantities for the number of children)
- 1 natural gelatin
- Natural apple juice (instead of water). Usually apple juice is sweet, so you don’t need to add sugar.
- Small pieces of apple, peeled and finely cut (don’t cut until you are ready to add them to gelatin and since they might spoil)
- Juice of two lemons
- Moulds for individual children
- In a bowl, empty the envelope of gelatin in apple juice and juice of two lemons.
- Heat stirring constantly until gelatin is dissolved in 4 or 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add some diced apples quickly and add them in individual ramekins.
- Add the gelatin and let cool, then put it in the refrigerator. And presto!
Submarines of Cheese or Vegetable sauce
Ingredients (for 16 children)
- 2 bags of bread for hotdogs or 16 pieces
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 3 lemons
- 3 large ripe tomatoes
- 1 large onion
- 16 slices of manchego cheese, 16 sausages, or vegetarian sausage
- Ketchup and mustard to taste
- Chop tomato and onion as finely as you can and then add olive oil, the lemon juice and salt to taste, stir well and set aside.
- Put the bread in an oven and heat the sausages in a pan.
- Make cheese slices of the bread size.
- Place ketchup, cream, mustard and tomato sauce on the table where you are going to serve in submarines.
- When mealtime, place hot bread and sausages and cheese in separate containers.
- At lunchtime, tell the children to prepare their food (you can monitor according to the age of children, or prepare yourself at the request of the child)
- The submarines can be prepared with sausage, cheese only, or even if you wish, you can prepare in advance with tuna.
- 3 cups of frozen corn
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 4 eggs
- 80 ounces of cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 200 grams of butter
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- First, place in the blender the three cups of corn, milk, eggs, butter, cream cheese and vanilla. Blend at medium speed. Grease a cake pan with butter and then pour the dough. Bake the cake at 180 º C for 20 minutes, or until you have a perfectly baked cake.
- Finally let your cake cool and remove the mold. Put on a pretty platter and it’s ready. You can decorate with a topping or serve it like that.
- 2 cups of brown sugar
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of shredded coconut
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup of oil
- 1 cup of grated carrot
- 1 cup of chopped pineapple without juice
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup of raisins (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 º F.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add sugar, oil, and eggs. Beat well.
- Finally add the carrot, pineapple, raisins, coconut and walnuts to the mixture and stir a few seconds. Grease and flour a mold of 13x9 cm or several small ramekins. Put the mixture into the mold. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 min. or until done. Cool and decorate with cream.
- 1 (8 oz) cream cheese
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 2 cups of powdered sugar (optional)
- Some vanilla
- Let butter and cheese stay at room temperature. In a bowl, mix cream cheese and butter, whisk 30 seconds. Add the vanilla and lemon juice and sugar slowly. Beat until well blended.
- Decorate the cake to taste.
Orange and lemon natural "soda"
- 1 cup of orange juice (250cc.)
- 1 cup of lemon juice (250cc.)
- ½ cup of grenadine (125cc.)
- 4 cups of mineral water (1000cc.)
- 1 orange, thinly sliced with peel
- Crushed ice
- Mix orange juice, lemon juice, grenadine and water.
- Put in jars with crushed ice to taste.
- Add orange slices and keep in the refrigerator.