Not all cheeses have benefits in the body. In general, most industrial cheeses (those sold in department stores), contain much salt, bad fats and chemical additives and harmful bacteria that make them a truly harmful to health. This type of cheese cause many toxins and fat deposits in the body, in addition to that, contain too much salt (sodium), dry the skin, mucous membranes and damage the liver and other internal organs.
The healthier cheeses are certainly vegetable cheese of tofu, although the fresh cheeses like cottage cheese or handmade with no additives or much salt, or low-fat, are recommended. On this occasion we give 5 prescriptions to prepare 5 types of cheese very healthy with no doubt that can replace conventional cheeses.
- ½ cup of Sesame Tahini (sesame butter)
- ¼ cup of lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- ½ cup of chopped red bell pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder or 1 onion, chopped tiny
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder or 1 clove of fresh garlic ½
- 5 tablespoons of Agar / Agar dissolved in ½ cup of cold water.
- In blender put ½ cup of extra hot water. Add all other ingredients. Let blend until everything is put creamy.
- Place the cream into a mold, then in the fridge. You can use a small pan of bread. Once this is ready you can cut it into pieces and use it in your diet.
Agar agar cheese
- 1 cup of water and 1 cup of Agar Agar (boil for 1 -3 minutes)
- 1 ¼ cup of hot water
- 2 cups of raw cashew seeds without salt (raw cashews)
- ¼ cup of nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of onion powder or 1 onion, chopped tiny
- 1 / 8 teaspoon of garlic powder or 1 to 2 cloves of fresh garlic
- ½ cup of lemon juice
- ¾ cup of chopped red bell pepper
- Blend cashew seeds, onion, garlic and pepper in hot water, then add to the Agar Agar. Allow to cool slightly.
- Add the other ingredients while move it and becomes a consistent cream.
- Place in a loaf pan and cover before placing in the refrigerator.
Goat and herb cheese
- Goat Cheese (see recipe below), 300 grams
- Basil: a pinch
- Cilantro: A pair of leaves (assuming you do not have, you can substitute with parsley)
- Chives: one teaspoon, minced
- Leaf lettuce: one
- Pennyroyal: a pinch of five
- Thyme: a pinch of five
- Mint: a pinch of five
- Celery: a stalk
- Olive oil: half a teaspoon
- Vinegar: a spoonful
- Mix the herbs with the cheese in a blender, or if you have desire, in a mortar.
- Once the ingredients are blended, add the oil drop by drop, like a mayonnaise, while the cheese is moving.
- Finally, add the vinegar and a little black pepper.
- It must be like a paperback and easy to extend.
- 2 to 3 quarts of milk
- A few drops of liquid rennet or lemon juice
- Pasteurize goat milk cooking at a temperature of 70 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool until it reaches a temperature between 36 and 40 degrees Celsius.
- Then add a few drops of liquid rennet or lemon juice and stir to mix well.
- Again let stand about 30 minutes and have a piece of muslin or other similar tissue. Arrange the cloth over a strainer and pour the curd spread, then, tie the four corners of cloth and hang to drain well, put a bucket under it for about 3 hours. Occasionally, press the cloth slightly with fingers.
- Untie the ends of the cloth and place the cheese on a plate ready to be eaten (you can also put in a pan before). The cheese can accompany it with honey, herbs, etc. It is not difficult to produce cheese in your house, perhaps most difficult is to get fresh milk, but you can enjoy a delicious cheese made for you.
Ingredients (for 1 kg cheese):
- 5 gallons of goat milk
- Rennet (see detail)
- 1 teaspoon of fine salt
- ½ kg. of salt
- A large pot (over 5 liters) nonstick
- 1 perfectly clean cotton gauze of about 50 × 50
- 1 thermometer that reaches a minimum of 65 º C
- 1 large colander
- 1 small strainer
- A spoon
- 1 sharp knife
- Perfectly clean the work place before starting, the utensils used and the hands, of course.
- Then strain the milk over the pan (this step is important because we need to care about some hair), and light the fire, loose (to prevent sticking to pass milk and temperature) and pasteurized milk holding at 65 º for 30 minutes. Pasteurizing milk is important to make sure we eliminate risks, to keep milk at a certain temperature for some time, we make life uncomfortable for certain bacteria and pathogens, such as those posed by the dreaded brucellosis. However, if the animals have a thorough veterinary check, do not use antibiotics with full warranty and are not necessary to pasteurize. So the slightest doubt, pasteurize and avoid unnecessary risks. Once pasteurized milk, temperature should be lower, just have to wait, at 30 ° C, then add the rennet.
- There are several ways to curdle the milk. We will make an enzymatic fermentation by the addition of two enzymes pepsin and rennin, which act on the casein or milk protein precipitating, resulting in the curd. For this we will use rennet. The enzyme renin in rennet is extracted from the fourth stomach of ruminants, however, and given the demand on the market commercially processed curds, both animal and vegetable and microbial rennet, I am going to use liquid.
- Once the milk at 30 ° C, add the rennet at the rate specified by the manufacturer, the one I use is to 1:10,000, which means that with 1 liter of rennet can curdle 10,000 liters of milk at home you can use rennet powder available in pharmacies and calculate the proportion that you must add in terms of milk that you may have. The rennet powder is dissolved before in a cup of water with 1 teaspoon of salt, to 5 l. of milk. Then add rennet to milk and move, with much affection, let rest, keeping the temperature about 35-40 minutes, at which time we will see how the surface of the pot is covered with a greenish-yellow liquid, the serum, and under the curd is formed.
- It's time to cut the curd, we at home can use a long-bladed knife and sharp, cut the curd forming squares and move the pot into a slight swing for 10 minutes, this helps to draining the curd.
- Now prepare the strainer covered with gauze, over a bowl and, using the small colander, removing the curds on the gauze. We drain the curd few minutes, after which, holding the ends of the gauze, we sort of bundle, squeezing it, forcing the output of the serum.
- We put a weight on top and left draining a couple of hours. After that time, we get the cheese from the gauze and placed it in the brine that we have done with the salt dissolved in water, kept in brine 1 hour and kept cool. The fresh goat cheese has many beneficial properties for our health, is loaded with vitamins and minerals, is a good amount of protein and very low in fat. It is very easy to digest, by making it an ideal food for people with digestive problems, children and elderly. It is important to eat the cheese in the next 2 days of its development, keeping it at any time in the fridge.