Mexican cuisine has variety of dishes that can be very healthy. Made with seafood, grilled lean meats, fresh vegetables, tropical fruits, herbs and spices, this unique cuisine with fantastic flavours also comes equipped with many positive health claims.
The chipotle sauce goes well with meats and other preparations, providing a unique flavour to your dishes that your family will surely enjoy.
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1 chicken breast, skinned, boned and divided into 4 portions
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 medium red onion split into halves and sliced an inch thick
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper cut into one inch pieces
- 1/4 cup of minced fresh ginger
- 2 1/2 cups of pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup of tomato puree
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
1. In a nonstick pan, put a tablespoon of oil to heat up over a medium flame. Cover the chicken with the flour and add to the pan, leaving to cook for 2 minutes on each side.
2. Add the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil to the pan and add the onion and garlic, cook for 5 minutes or until the onion is tender, stirring constantly.
3. Add the bell pepper and ginger and cook for 3 minutes. Add the pineapple juice, tomato puree, chipotle and salt and simmer for another 5 minutes.
4. Place the chicken back in the pan, reduce the flame and cook for 10 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
Roasted beans and vegetables
This combination of vegetables, corn tortillas and beans is made from a Mexican recipe and has a vegetarian taste, rich in fresh flavours and a little bit spicy.
- 6 corn tortillas
- Vegetable oil spray
- 1 can (425 grams) of black beans, drained and washed
- 1 can (312 grams) of sweet corn, drained and washed
- 1 small tomato, seeded and chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons of red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, pitted, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of freshly chopped coriander (cilantro)
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of red pepper sauce *optional
- 1 small ripe avocado, pitted, peeled and chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 230°C. Put the tortillas in baking sheets, sprinkle with a little oil on both sides and let them bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Place on racks to cool.
2. In a large bowl, stir in the beans, vegetables, grains and gradually all ingredients, mixing well. Stir in the avocado, and finally serve on the toasted tortillas.
Mexican meat salad
In this salad we can find several classic ingredients of Mexican cuisine such as red chili, coriander (cilantro) and even the classic tortilla chips.
- ½ cup of cooked lean beef
- 2 large red chillis, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped coriander (cilantro)
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1/4 of paprika
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 8 tender corns drained, washed and halved
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and cut in half
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 60g of corn chips
1. Place the meat (cut into wide strips) in a bowl, add a tablespoon of cilantro and reserve for garnish.
2. Prepare the vinaigrette in a bowl with the oil, 2 tablespoons of vinegar, lemon juice and paprika, stirring by hand. Add salt and pepper to taste and then include meat mixture covering and allowing to marinate for one hour.
3. Add the remaining ingredients into the bowl and mix with the remaining tablespoon of vinegar.
4. Just before serving, add salt and pepper to taste, divide into individual bowls and place the tortilla chips and cilantro to decorate.
The best of World Cuisine
Products related with 3 Healthy Mexican Recipes
Related categories of the Shop
You have not found what you were looking for?