Do not forget the imagination when you prepare your kid’s lunch. Creating different types of lunch, which are also very nutritious and palatable for small, can be very simple if you consider some ingredients in weekly basis and have on hand to prepare the lunch hour. The base ingredients can be tuna, bread, cucumbers, carrots, jicama, ham or vegetarian sausage, lemon and so on.
Remember that if you get used to feeding refined things to your children at home (with too much salt or sugar) will be promoting their taste for junk foods like chips and candy, which contain excessive amounts of seasonings and sugars attracting refined to the palate of the child. So do not be surprised that if he or she changes the lunch for some chips from the shop. The palate is something that can be educated from an early age, so if you maintain a good diet at home, and give it in a fun way, the kids will enjoy much more.
- 3 cans of tuna in water
- 6 large potatoes
- oil, the necessary
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1 bag of bread crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash potatoes and put them to cook. Peel and mash them adding salt and pepper.
- Put fried onion with tomato and pepper, and finally add the tuna.
- Mix the potatoes well with the tuna.
- Form balls with the dough, transfer them in egg and bread crumbs, and fry them until ready.
Noodles with Buttermilk
- 50 grams of butter
- 125 ml of liquid Buttermilk or plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of grated cheese
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 250 grams of noodles
- Boil salt water and cook noodles.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and add the noodles flavoring with grated cheese, cream and stir.
- Season with salt.
Vegetarian carrot salad
- 2 medium carrots
- A bit of jicama
- Some pieces of veggie sausage
- Juice of one lemon
- ketchup to taste
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALGomasio: A salt of good luck
- Grate the vegetables and slice sausage.
- In a pan, stir everything with lemon, ketchup and a pinch of salt.
- Stir and pack for lunch. (This dish should prepare at the time).
Yield: 10 servings
- Six large white potatoes
- A half pound of vegetarian ham
- A half pound of cheese
- Two eggs and bread crumbs
- Wash the potatoes with water and soap using a brush to remove dirt and other contaminants. Wash with fresh water.
- Put the potatoes to cook.
- Once cooked, submerge the potatoes in cold water and peel off the skin.
- Cut the slices of ham into small cubes and grate the cheese.
- Mash the potatoes to a puree, add the ham, eggs, cheese and salt to taste and stir until ingredients are well blended.
- Form little balls the size of your fist.
- Place on bread crumbs and flatten while covering both sides.
- Put them to fry in hot oil.
- Remove from pan when browned and drain off excess oil.
Yellow cheese buns
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALArgentina's Vegetarian Recipes
- 2 pieces of bread (small bread)
- 1 loach of vegetarian ham
- 1 slice of cheddar cheese
- 1 lettuce leaf
- 1 tablespoon of natural yogurt from home
- Salt and pepper
- 1 dash of olive oil
- Toast the bread slices. Chop the ham, lettuce and cheese in a mixing bowl and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread a bit of homemade yogurt to the top of the loaves. Fill with the previous mixture and cover with another slice. Two small buns are certainly better than a large bun.
- 1 / 2 kg. of flour
- 1 tsp. of salt
- 100 gr of butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 / 4 cup of milk
- 200 g of cooked ham cut
- 200 g of cheese cut
- 2 tablespoon of grated cheese
- 50 g of butter
- 2 eggs
- salt, pepper
- Put in a bowl the minced ham, cheese, grated cheese, soft butter and pepper.
- Knead with hands until all have a tie with eggs.
- Discs are filled and cooked in abundant hot oil or vegetable shortening (not too hot at first to prevent the dough from snatch) are fried without soiling (one layer).
- Skydive in oil until puffed and browned, but the center becomes a little pale. Drain on absorbent paper.
About the author