Published: 10/30/2010 - Updated: 06/23/2016
Author: K. Laura Garcés G3 Comments
Hair is composed primarily of keratin and a fatty layer known as sebum, which is also on the scalp. For healthy hair, we must maintain a diet rich in foods such as brewer's yeast (rich in protein), vitamin E and C, and vegetables such as cucumber, peppers, carrots, alfalfa, spinach, parsley, etc., And delete junk and refined products in diet. In addition, we must maintain good circulation in the scalp and avoid stress or anxiety states.
Besides the above, to promote silky, thick and abundant hair, we can help our hair with vegetable oils, which contain large number of properties to help repair and heal common hair problems. It is essential to tone the scalp and hair with a hair mask and essential plant oils, at least once a week to stimulate the scalp.
The most effective oils for the hair are:
- Rosemary oil
- Avocado Oil
- Orange Oil
- Olive oil
- Lavender Oil
- Sesame oil
Masks with vegetable oils accompanied by a soothing and generous massage in the scalp are a great choice for:
- Relax the scalp and prevent hair loss due to stress or tension that often accumulates on the scalp.
- Maintain healthy hair and scalp.
- Stimulate hair growth, helping the effective cellular regeneration and prevent baldness and alopecia.
- Give docility, brightness and volume to hair.
- Nurturing and return to the hair more resilient.
- Repair damaged and dry hair and brittle tips.
- Help maintain stable scalp sebum production.
- Avoid dry hair, damaged and brittle.
We recommend that before applying the mask, generously brush your hair with a natural bristle brush to remove dust and debris accumulated in it.
Then, prepare the mask that best suits you, can be prepared mixtures with 2 or 3 oils in any combination, just be careful not to abuse the oils of lavender and orange, and never apply essential oils directly on scalp, you should lower them either with other oils or make masks with egg yolk, yogurt, etc.
Apply the mixture to give a massage with the fingertips on the scalp and then deliver the oil to the tips of the hair.
Olive vegetable oils for normal hair
If your hair can be combed easily and is gentle, bright and strong, then you have a standard hair. In this case, applying a mask every two months will suffice.
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALKombu seaweed recipes
Essential oils and vegetables that you can use for your mask are:
- Thyme oil: antiseptic and stimulating for the capillaries.
- Olive oil first pressure-: soothing and nourishing hair.
- Lavender Oil: antiseptic, soothing and lice repellent.
- Ylang-ylang oil: invigorating and regulator of sebum.
Essential oils for dry, damaged and brittle hair:
If your hair is porous, weak, brittle and does not grow, then you should also drink at least 2 liters of water a day and use the following oils:
- Vetiver Oil: promotes exchanges at the level of the capillaries.
- Chamomile Oil: it relaxes and soothes
- Geranium Oil: revitalizing and antiseptic.
Sample mask for dry and damaged hair:
Mix: two teaspoons of thyme oil, two of olive oil and two of argan oil. Once you wash your hair, turn off the water and generously apply to the hair, massaging your scalp to enjoy. Leave for 5 minutes, then rinse and, if necessary, wash again with a gentle, natural shampoo for dry hair.
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALRaw food recipes: Full menu
Essential and vegetable oils for oily hair:
If you have excess fat or grease in the hair, and it becomes attached, it is necessary to wash the hair and apply a mask, without exaggeration in the massage, so that the fat does not get stimulated.
Oils for oily hair are:
- Lavender oil.
- Oil of lemon, antiseptic and astringent
- Sage Oil: Antiseptic and anti-seborrheic
- Tea tree oil, antiseptic and anti fungal.
- Cedar oil, circulatory and anti seborrheic.
- Rosemary oil, antiseptic and astringent
Sample tonic for oily hair oils
- 7 drops of lemon oil or cedar
- 3 drops of sage oil
- 5 drops of lavender oil
- In 100 ml of neutral shampoo
Recommended oils for dandruff
- Tea Tree Oil
- Lemon Oil
- Patchouli oil
- Rosemary Oil
You can develop your own mixtures guiding the proportions of the examples. Maintain diet and recall a healthy and rest. All this will heal your hair and make it more beautiful.
About the author
Good remedies for the hair, most people don?t take the proper care of it and then if becomes brittle or falls out really fast, so you need to take into account that eating is not enough for your whole body and you need to resort on other natural substances to help it to be beautiful and healthy.
Avocado must be the first in the list of the oils that can help to the hair! I would love to try it, but haven’t seen it in that form, maybe you can point me a product at the store??
Really?? I had no idea you could use essential oils on your hair for such conditions! This is great! I’ve been thinking about making my own shampoo for a while, and I have very thin, soft hair. It’s so soft that it always falls out of the hairtie when ever I have my hair up, maybe making my own shampoo could help!