Many of us go to the gym to lose weight, others to increase muscle mass and exercise in also seeking to maintain the current physical state. In all cases, the ideal is to find a way to feel and bear in mind that the first must be health.
So today we are internalized in the fitness maintenance. This is a key modality for maintaining a healthy body and nimble. Perhaps it is ideal for those who have lost weight and now seek "to continue." The ideal way is to carry out some small daily sessions of this type of training for maintenance. You'll see that once you start exercising, your routine will become imperative, as your body asks for muscle movement!
At home or at the gym
Whether this type of gymnastics, you have the choice to go to a specific location (gym) or the convenience of practicing at home. The advantage of doing at home is that one can accommodate a schedule and you can invite some friends to accompany.
However it is advisable that the exercises are prepared by a monitor or by a person skilled in the art, as a misuse of the exercise also can be harmful to health. So if we are going to exercise at home, we must bear in mind that the ten or fifteen minutes that you spend must be distributed for both aerobic exercise and strength. Gymnastics maintenance will allow us to, with the practice, maintain our physical fitness over a long period of time.
Today there are many devices that allow us to convert our homes into small rooms of fitness training. These devices occupy little space and, in contrast, are limited to only one body part.
These devices can come very well for people who do not have time to go to the gym and ideal for those who like doing workout alone.
The other option is to go to a gym. Undoubtedly the best option for many reasons: because we will have the opportunity to have the experience of experts who will help us to make the exercises that are best suited us for our physical condition and to control our evolution, and Most importantly, our response and our physical health.
Bicycling: a good option
It is easy to practice and verify the results. The bicycle, for many, is the ideal sport. The bicycle is the most popular means of transport in many parts of the world. It was originated in China and in Europe and America spread dramatically in the nineteenth century, becoming a popular sport at the end of that century. Today nobody doubts the benefits of bicycling, and we must emphasize that it is an excellent choice if you want to practice gymnastic maintenance. Also, if you have a fixed bicycle, you can do at home!
Cycling for fitness maintenance
Cycling is a sport that is not considered complete because it does not work the pectoral muscles but it is a great relief for osteoarthritis of the hip and when suffering from sciatica. Besides, it exercise the muscles and cardio equipment; it is recommended in controlled doses to the rehabilitation of cardiac patients: develops the muscles, and increases the breathing capacity of patients. People with hypertension and diabetes can practice with special precautions. Notably, it is essential to practice this sport to undergo a medical examination (stress, test effort).
The practice of cycling and gymnastics is simple, but some precautions should be taken:
- Adjust the seat: the ball should be in line with the axis of the pedal. A bad seat can irritate, causing injuries, numbness and even impotence.
- Position handle: with hands on the elbow should just graze the knee.
- Seat height: fix the legs and the tip of your feet on the ground. Choose a trip or race bike, make sure it is comfortable, neither too large nor too small. The clothing is also important, having good shorts, covered and well padded to avoid injury, and wear clean pants to prevent the accumulation of bacteria and minimize the risk of infections and irritations. In addition, we recommend using a helmet and cage to carry water and other elements.
Located Fitness: another option for maintenance
This type of exercise is ideal for maintenance, plus the benefits of a located gymnastics routine are:
- Promotes heart and lung development, thus the responsiveness of the organs engaged in activity at rest (improves circulation).
- Tones muscle mass and increases the volume of body muscles, which makes it more agile in its movements.
- Helps eliminate excess calories, and favor increased oxidation of fats and sugars (lowers cholesterol and diabetes).
- Prevents bone loss and osteoporosis
- Improves self-esteem.
It is best accompanied by good food and an aerobic work, which can go out and walk about 20 minutes at least, because the muscle needs to identify the stimuli and your start to see results.
In general we can say that physical activity extends longevity and protects the body of the development of cardiovascular disease, hypertension, obesity, osteoporosis, colon cancer and depression, as well as maintaining our figure!
About the author