Published: 11/26/2008 - Updated: 08/25/2016
In Greek cuisine, the main ingredient is olive oil, which has many health benefits. Popular dishes of Greek cuisine are, among others, dolmades (vine leaves stew), moussaka (eggplant with lamb, red wine, olive oil and cinnamon) and kebabs (chicken with rice, eggs and lemon juice). We also found the tzatziki, a delicious sauce made from yogurt, olive oil, garlic, cucumber and dill, and could not miss the popular salads, which usually lead feta cheese made with goat's milk, cucumbers , olives and tomatoes.
Then we share some delicious recipes, ideal for year-end holidays, as they carry pasta, which is one of the favorite ingredients. Try to use organic pasta, which will increase the nutritional properties of your dishes.
This dish can be made with pasta instead of eggplant, which is the traditional way, but with pasta is a dish delicious as well.
- 5 eggplants (or its equivalent in cooked pasta)
- 600 g of ground beef (or vegetarian, which is healthier)
- 3 red tomatoes
- 5 bay leaves
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 large onions
- Parmesan type cheese
- If using eggplant: Peel and cut the eggplant into strips. Put them in a bowl with salt water an hour to lose the bitterness.
- Flour and fry in olive oil. Put Aside.
- Grate the onion fine and brown in olive oil. Add ground beef and raise the heat to brown well. Lower the heat and add the grated tomatoes, garlic in large chunks (to remove them later), and bay leaves.
- Cover and cook over very low heat. After 1/2 hour uncover and let reduce.
- Leave quarter hour, remove the garlic and bay leaf and drain if necessary. In a baking dish cover the bottom with a layer of eggplant, a layer of ground beef, another of Eggplants and other meat.
- Cover the whole with bechamel sauce (not too smooth or too consistent).
- Add the grated cheese and broil. Cut into squares and serve.
Steamed vegetable casserole with pasta
- 1.5 of a kilo of vegetables of your choice
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 2 cups of tomato juice
- ½ cup of red wine
- salt and pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- Half a kilo of beef or vegetarian
- 1 cup of pasta (kritharaki)
- Sauté onion and meat in olive oil. Add the wine and cook for two minutes.
- Chop the vegetables into cubes and steam until are not too cooked but a little raw.
- Add to meat tomato sauce, salt and pepper, and bay leaves.
- Cook over medium heat until meat is tender. Put the meat in a baking dish.
- Add the cup of pasta and 3 cups of water with the vegetables. Stir well.
- Cover it and place in the oven at 200 ° C until the pasta is ready.
- Serve hot and top with coleslaw.
(Appetizer to accompany fried zucchini, fried cod served with pasta)
- 2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 4 whole nuts
- 3 slices of bread (soaked in water)
- olive oil
- salt, lemon juice
- Blend all ingredients in a blender with olive oil and lemon juice until it turns into a thick mixture.
- Season to taste.
- 400 grams of pasta (three color)
- 200 grams of minced meat (vegetarian, pork or veal)
- pinions 50 grams
- 75 grams of butter or margarine
- 80 grams of currants
- 350 grams of crushed tomatoes
- 50 grams of cheese gruyere
- 1 shot of brandy
- Salt and pepper
- In a saucepan brown the butter or margarine along with ground beef.
- Pour the brandy in a small bowl and put to soak the raisins for 15 minutes.
- Then put them into the pan along with the ground beef, pine nuts and tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook the sauce for 1 hour.
- When the sauce is just right, boil the pasta in a pot of salted water.
- Once cooked the pasta, drain, pour into a bowl or in a deep dish and season with the sauce and grated gruyere cheese.
Macaroni in red sauce
- 1/2 kilo of macaroni
- 1/2 l. of tomato sauce
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1/2 kilo of ground beef
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 5 cl. of Oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon of parsley
- 150 grams of parmesan
- Sauté the garlic and onion, add the meat and seasonings then ketchup and parsley. Bake 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the macaroni in salted water, drain and add to sauce.
- Mix well and then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Browning in the oven. Serve on plates surrounded by tomato sauce and sprinkle with basil.