Published: 09/13/2008 - Updated: 02/20/2018
We picked the grapes as food of the week for their very prestigious reputation not only in matters of health, but very effective to help lose weight and help the skin , hair and eyes look very healthy, clean and attractive .
The grape is a highly effective cleanser, which mainly comes to the intestines and helps clean waste matter , fats and toxins that are stuck in the intestinal coatings and are difficult to remove. The grape is also used in food to develop a number of desserts , salads and even stews, very original. Here we share some of them. To learn more see our Natural Health Blog .
Dessert: Cheesecake with grapes and walnuts
- 1 loaf of bread
- 200 grams of fresh cheese
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 12 nuts
- A little rosemary, sage, thyme, oregano, chervil and chives
- 150 g of red grapes
- Salt and raspberry cream for garnish.
- Prepare a base of bread on top of a source. Crush herbs with the chopper and add a little salt.
- Sprinkle the herbs over the pan previously greased with oil.
- Cover with half the cheese.
- Empty nuts, crush and sprinkle over the cheese.
- Cover with another layer of bread and the rest of the cheese.
- Sprinkle with herbs. Garnish with berries around the cake , and in the center with nuts .
Salad: grapes and leeks
- 3 medium leeks
- 2 small red apples
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 12 black grapes
- 12 green grapes
- 1/2 teaspoon of mustard semi-strong
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 1 pinch of sugar
- 1 bunch of dill
- Cut bases and dark leaves of the leeks, wash and cut into slices .
- Blanch 1 minute in boiling water , then put them in a colander , rinse under running cold water and let drain.
- Wash apples and dry, and remove cores and dice.
- Cut the slices into thin slices and sprinkle with a tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Wash grapes, cut in half and remove seeds .
- Mix the egg yolk with mustard and add the oil , beating with wire whisk , first drop by drop and then a thin trickle. Incorporate the mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice , salt , pepper and sugar.
- Wash, dry and cut with scissors on the mayonnaise. Mix dry and leek rings , apple slices and grapes halves ( 6 green , 6 black ) Pour mayonnaise over the salad and garnish with the remaining leeks grapes.
Soy meat with grapes
- 4 pieces the size of a ham , thick , of precooked soy meat( spiced chicken)
- 1 cup of chopped vegetables (carrots , leeks )
- 1 white onion chopped
- Two cups of red grapes preference , skin and small seeds
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 cups of chicken soup
- 25 gr. of margarine
- 2 ounces of port
- 2 ounces of sherry
- 1/2 cup of cream
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, salt , pepper, oil .
- Sauté garlic and onion in margarine finely chopped . Add the grapes , sugar and sherry.
- Let reduce before adding the broth clear.
- Reduce again and strain , other grapes in margarine and sauté with port and cream until thickened. Tighten the grapes with a fork to form a sort of puree.
- Finally emulsify with margarine and set aside. Season chicken or meat, tie and brown in olive oil , place on baking sheet on a bed of carrot and leek and bake .
- 8-10 min, Add the broth and finish roasting.
Sweet : Cake full of grapes
- 2 cups of Wholemeal
- 3/4 cup of Brown sugar
- 150 gr . of margarine
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tablespoon of vanilla.
For the filling
- 1/2 kl .of burgundy grapes seedless
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- Make the dough with the above ingredients and line one mold of 23 cm . diameter with 2/3 of the dough.
- Besides grapes put one shell in colander and sprinkle with cornstarch .
- Wrap carefully and drain for 1 1/2 hour.
- Place them on the table.
- The third leftover dough is used to form strips of 1 cm. wide and intertwining forming diamonds .
- Cover the surface of the cake and bake at 350F for 45 min .
Original Grape Pancakes
- Whole grain hotcakes
- Half a cup of ground walnuts
- A cup of white or green grapes , peeled and seeded .
- Butter to taste
- Honey, maple syrup, jam or molasses
- In a mold, proceed to make the pancakes as directed on package .
- Once ready, put it in the blender and add the walnuts and grapes.
- Blend until a light paste, but not much. If thick, add a splash of milk , if it is too watery , add a little more flour.
- In a frying pan, put a tablespoon of the dough and let it cook. Once dough filled with dimples on the surface, turn around
- Once ready , serve with honey or syrup of your choice.