We picked the grapes as food of the week for their very prestigious reputation not only in matters of health, but very effective to help lose weight and help the skin , hair and eyes look very healthy, clean and attractive .
The grape is a highly effective cleanser, which mainly comes to the intestines and helps clean waste matter , fats and toxins that are stuck in the intestinal coatings and are difficult to remove. The grape is also used in food to develop a number of desserts , salads and even stews, very original. Here we share some of them. To learn more see our Natural Health Blog .
Dessert: Cheesecake with grapes and walnuts
- 1 loaf of bread
- 200 grams of fresh cheese
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 12 nuts
- A little rosemary, sage, thyme, oregano, chervil and chives
- 150 g of red grapes
- Salt and raspberry cream for garnish.
- Prepare a base of bread on top of a source. Crush herbs with the chopper and add a little salt.
- Sprinkle the herbs over the pan previously greased with oil.
- Cover with half the cheese.
- Empty nuts, crush and sprinkle over the cheese.
- Cover with another layer of bread and the rest of the cheese.
- Sprinkle with herbs. Garnish with berries around the cake , and in the center with nuts .
Salad: grapes and leeks
- 3 medium leeks
- 2 small red apples
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 12 black grapes
- 12 green grapes
- 1/2 teaspoon of mustard semi-strong
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 1 pinch of sugar
- 1 bunch of dill
- Cut bases and dark leaves of the leeks, wash and cut into slices .
- Blanch 1 minute in boiling water , then put them in a colander , rinse under running cold water and let drain.
- Wash apples and dry, and remove cores and dice.
- Cut the slices into thin slices and sprinkle with a tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Wash grapes, cut in half and remove seeds .
- Mix the egg yolk with mustard and add the oil , beating with wire whisk , first drop by drop and then a thin trickle. Incorporate the mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice , salt , pepper and sugar.
- Wash, dry and cut with scissors on the mayonnaise. Mix dry and leek rings , apple slices and grapes halves ( 6 green , 6 black ) Pour mayonnaise over the salad and garnish with the remaining leeks grapes.
Soy meat with grapes
- 4 pieces the size of a ham , thick , of precooked soy meat( spiced chicken)
- 1 cup of chopped vegetables (carrots , leeks )
- 1 white onion chopped
- Two cups of red grapes preference , skin and small seeds
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 cups of chicken soup
- 25 gr. of margarine
- 2 ounces of port
- 2 ounces of sherry
- 1/2 cup of cream
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, salt , pepper, oil .
- Sauté garlic and onion in margarine finely chopped . Add the grapes , sugar and sherry.
- Let reduce before adding the broth clear.
- Reduce again and strain , other grapes in margarine and sauté with port and cream until thickened. Tighten the grapes with a fork to form a sort of puree.
- Finally emulsify with margarine and set aside. Season chicken or meat, tie and brown in olive oil , place on baking sheet on a bed of carrot and leek and bake .
- 8-10 min, Add the broth and finish roasting.
Sweet : Cake full of grapes
- 2 cups of Wholemeal
- 3/4 cup of Brown sugar
- 150 gr . of margarine
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tablespoon of vanilla.
For the filling
- 1/2 kl .of burgundy grapes seedless
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- Make the dough with the above ingredients and line one mold of 23 cm . diameter with 2/3 of the dough.
- Besides grapes put one shell in colander and sprinkle with cornstarch .
- Wrap carefully and drain for 1 1/2 hour.
- Place them on the table.
- The third leftover dough is used to form strips of 1 cm. wide and intertwining forming diamonds .
- Cover the surface of the cake and bake at 350F for 45 min .
Original Grape Pancakes
- Whole grain hotcakes
- Half a cup of ground walnuts
- A cup of white or green grapes , peeled and seeded .
- Butter to taste
- Honey, maple syrup, jam or molasses
- In a mold, proceed to make the pancakes as directed on package .
- Once ready, put it in the blender and add the walnuts and grapes.
- Blend until a light paste, but not much. If thick, add a splash of milk , if it is too watery , add a little more flour.
- In a frying pan, put a tablespoon of the dough and let it cook. Once dough filled with dimples on the surface, turn around
- Once ready , serve with honey or syrup of your choice.