Platelets are blood cells responsible for defending the body. They are produced in the bone marrow and are found from 150,000 to 350,000 platelets per milliliter of blood in men and from 162 000 to 380 in women. Platelets are essential for clotting (prevents bleeding or blood loss from injury, etc.).
The causes of low platelets may be several, for certain infections such as HIV, the use of certain drugs, because of a careless diet, anemia, deficiency of folate or vitamin B12, cirrhosis (chronic liver disease), depression, etc.
Some of the symptoms of low platelets are bruising, bleeding risk, rashes or red spots. If the deficiency is mild, there may be no symptoms.
Any processed or refined product as flours, sugars, sodas, cookies, soft drinks, white bread, etc. As well as sausages, fried meat and not to abuse of animal milk or cheese. All these products generate too many toxins and deficiencies in systems and organs.
Include in your diet:
Enzymes (sprouts, fresh vegetables either in juice or salads, etc.), vitamin B, and drink two liters of water a day minimum. These foods should be: sprouts, fresh vegetables, especially carrots, beets, celery, aloe or cactus, alfalfa and raw garlic (take a clove of garlic on an empty stomach or before bedtime, chewing and passing it with water). Fruits are excellent in the morning, ideally fasting with pineapple or lemon or any citrus or acidic fruit, which helps the body to purify and absorb nutrients better.
Natural supplements to boost platelet are yeast, spirulina, vegetable milks: soy, oats, canary, etc., Chia, flaxseed and extra virgin olive oil.
Drinking during the day: a fruit juice during mid-morning and evening, especially grape, cranberry, pineapple or goji berries juice.
FASTING: a glass of green tea with a half squeezed lemon, drink warm. Do not eat anything else, wait 20 minutes.
BREAKFAST: almond milk smoothie with some fruit or soy (you can add a teaspoon of chia, honey, oats or almonds), a whole-wheat toast with honey or vegetarian sandwich, omelet with vegetables, etc.
LUNCH: Vegetable juice: carrot and alfalfa with aloe, some beet.
FOOD: you choice, respecting the food that is not recommended. Example: vegetable soup with vegetables or rice, pasta with vegetables or soups, potato pancakes, spinach with yogurt, baked potato with yogurt and garlic, salad vegetables and seeds, etc. Accompany the meal with a vegetable juice, carrot, alfalfa or beet and parsley with carrot and aloe. You can mix the ingredients, but do not use more than three. Take two or three tablets of brewer's yeast.
MID AFTERNOON: a cup of green tea, sweetened with brown sugar. If you're hungry, eat a cereal bar or a bowl of sweet fruits.
DINNER: veggie sandwich or apple salad with homemade yogurt and honey. Sprinkle chia or flax.
Ingredients (6 servings):
- 6 eggs
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 50 grams of diced ham
- 150 g of slices of bread or toast
- 6 cups of broth prepared with natural or vegetable broth
- 1 small onion
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of parsley
- Extra virgin olive oil
- In a pan, fry the slices of bread, in plenty of oil until golden brown. Remove and remove the oil from the pan leaving a little to fry the garlic.
- Fry the whole garlic and onion, separated from the heat and add the paprika, stirring constantly. Add the ham.
- Add the broth, remove the garlic and put back into the fire. Add bread and soak it well, parsley, salt and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a large pot of clay crack eggs on top of the soup and place in preheated oven until it’s ready.
Broccoli Salad with sunflower seeds
- 4 cups of raw broccoli heads
- 1 cup of sunflower seeds
- Bits of almond or walnut
- One tablespoon of sesame
- One cup of steamed carrots, not cooked, rather raw.
- One tablespoon of yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Lemon drops
- Wash broccoli and let the seeds into small pieces.
- Put on a platter broccoli and carrots and mix with dry ingredients.
- Mix in a cup yogurt with sugar and some lemon. Add to the salad and garnish with sesame seeds. You can add vegetarian ham.
The best of Food Therapy
Products related with Food, recipes and diet to increase platelets
Related categories of the Shop
You have not found what you were looking for?