Published: 06/24/2010 - Updated: 01/04/2014
During breastfeeding, a woman must have some care and feeding of high quality, since in this period there is a large energy expenditure. It is also necessary for postpartum recovery, so you should consider in your diet the better food, as mentioned below:
- Fish, salmon, etc.
- Fats of vegetable seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts, almonds, olives, extra virgin olive oil, avocado, etc.
- Whole grains: oats, wheat, barley, etc, since they have a high content of fiber and nutrients.
- Sprouts: alfalfa, soybeans, amaranth, etc.
- Flour: whole meal, bread wheat, etc.
- Vegetables with skin
- Marine algae, yeast, molasses, cereals, honey.
- Fruit juices (try not to combine fruit with other foods) and natural water at least 3 liters per day, because the body has a greater demand for fluids.
Besides good food, we recommend you take some care with your breasts.
- It's best to wear a special bra for women who are breastfeeding.
- When you give breast-feeding, try to sit with your spine straight and shoulders in place, do not slouch. This will prevent back pain.
- What is recommended for the early months is to feed the baby on demand, even at night. Little by little, watching it can get used to new routines.
- Do not apply creams in your breasts, it’s better to keep them lubricated with oils that are easily absorbed.
- Avoid feeding your baby in bed, because the baby's sucking can damage the delicate skin of the breast.
- Avoid feeding a baby in noisy places.
- Avoid eating irritating things such as chili, alcohol, pepper, etc..
The following recipes will keep your menu varied, but without forgetting to enjoy the delights of good food.
Potato and cheese croquettes
- 1 K of potatoes
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 whole egg
- Buttery cheese or mozzarella, 250g
- Butter, 50g
- Flour, bread crumbs and oil for frying, as needed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the potatoes.
- When potatoes are tender, remove and peel.
- Mash the potatoes and add the butter and egg yolks.
- Mix well, season with salt and pepper.
- Cool and put into refrigerator for at least two hours.
- Cut cheese into cubes about 2 inches square.
- Form the croquettes placing a piece of cheese in the center.
- Cover the potato croquettes with flour, then egg and finally breadcrumbs.
- Bring the potato croquettes in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Fry in hot oil until golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper and serve.
Zucchini au gratin with vegetarian ham
- 12 squash
- 500 grams of vegetarian ham
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the squash to steam for 20 minutes, should be cooked but very firm.
- Cut the top and take out the inside part with a spoon. Reserve.
- In a saucepan, place the ham, nuts, cream and Parmesan cheese, cook until the latter is integrated perfectly.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Fill the zucchini with this mixture and put in preheated oven at 200 ° C, until completely gratins.
- Dry and serve immediately with a salad of sprouts.
Soy and vegetable soup
- 12 tbsp of soy flour
- 2 tbsp of oil
- 250 grams of pumpkin into chunks
- 1 / 2 kg of potatoes into medium pieces
- 1 carrot, chopped or sliced
- 1 cup of chopped celery
- 3 quarts of water
- crushed garlic, salt, oregano
- We put a pot with oil. Fry soybean flour for a few minutes and then season with garlic, onion and salt to taste.
- Add the pumpkin, carrot, celery and chopped potatoes. Add the water and let it cook for 20 minutes. Finally, flavor with oregano and remove from the heat.
Brown rice with vegetables
- 300 g of brown rice
- 1 liter of water or vegetable broth
- 100 g of green beans
- 2 carrots
- 50 g of spinach
- 1 tomato
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Chop the green beans, carrots, tomatoes and garlic and braise all in a pan with oil. Add the rice and braise for it is released.
- Add broth and salt and cook for about an hour because the rice will take longer to cook.
- Meanwhile, chop the spinach and add to rice. Cook for five minutes, put salt to taste and serve.
- 300 gr. of whole wheat pasta (macaroni or spaghetti)
- 300 gr. of cod cut into chunks
- 1 red pepper
- 1 tomato
- 1 green onion
- Olive oil enough
- Water, sufficient quantity
- Salt to taste
- Cook pasta in water, oil and salt. Drain. Reserve.
- In a skillet, cook the chopped vegetables.
- When the vegetables are soft, but without losing color, drain and reserve.
- Add the salmon into small pieces and pasta to vegetable mixture.
- Heat the mixture for several minutes.
- This preparation made with pasta and fish provides fiber, antioxidants, lycopene, complex carbohydrates, substances beneficial to maintain healthy cardiovascular system.