If you are overweight and do not know how to lower those triglyceride levels, this guide food accompanied by recipes can be very helpful to achieve what you want. You have probably heard that to keep your arteries and cardiovascular system healthy is necessary to maintain normal levels of triglycerides that round about 40 - 160 mg%. If these exceeded, you just need to follow these guidelines and have lots of will, if you're persistent you'll see very soon be good results.
Foods you should avoid in your diet:
- Processed, refined and added with dyes, preservatives and especially refined sugars, which are a major cause of overweight.
- Fats and meats of animal origin, including meats, cheeses, milks, etc.
- Products fried or toasted with oils.
- Refined cereals.
- Fresh fruit, especially pineapple, orange, lemon, apple and papaya. It is important that when you eat fruits do not combine them with other foods; fruits should be eaten alone on an empty stomach, half an hour before eating or two hours after eating.
- Whole grains, especially brown rice, amaranth, oats, quinoa and tapioca.
- Vegetable milks: almond, sesame, nuts.
- Seeds: birdseed is especially great to get down the triglycerides and harmful cholesterol level.
- Vegetables: especially the red tomato, carrots, squash, alfalfa, aloe, sprouts, seaweed, etc.
- Pulses: especially lentils and beans.
- Derived from soybean miso, tofu, tamari, etc.
Tomato and vegetable soup
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 1 tomato
- ½ leek
- ½ celery stalk
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 zucchini
- 100 g of spinach
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- Wash and peel the carrots, peel the onion, celery, cleaned, eliminating the filaments, peel zucchini and the leek and cut spinach.
- Wash thoroughly all vegetables, drain and cut into small pieces. Put them in the pot, add tomatoes and whole peeled garlic. Pour into the pot 1 liter and half water, add parsley, basil and bay leaf and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 1 hour over medium heat. Season to half the time. Finally, filter the broth by passing it through a strainer and use it in different preparations that are wanted (soups, broth, fish stock ....)
- As the vegetables are cooked, you can put in the mixer, and thus obtain a rich cream of vegetables.
- Add water, vegetables, salt, onion and herbs.
- Boil about 40 minutes over high heat. You can use a pressure cooker, in which case the cooking time is 20 minutes.
East Vegetable Stew with birdseed
Ingredients (4 servings)
- Boneless chicken strips, 400 g
- One cup of birdseed
- Carrot peeled and chopped, 100 gr
- Bean sprouts, 100 g
- Onion, 100 gr
- Red peppers, 100 gr
- Round Squash, 100 gr
- Shitake mushrooms, 6 units
- Bamboo shoots or mushrooms, 100 gr
- Soy sauce, approx. 40 cc
- Sesame oil
- Large garlic clove, chopped, 1 unit
- Fresh ginger chopped or shredded, 15 gr
- Flour or cornstarch, approx. 2 tablespoons
- White wine or beer or water, approx. 100 cc
- Allow to soak birdseed overnight before.
- Place the chicken strips, flour, liquid (water, beer or white wine), chopped or grated ginger, and garlic chopped or cut into strips in a bowl.
- Cut vegetables and maintain ready.
- Soak Shitake first and if you want, use their water to moisten the step 2.
- Heat skillet with just some oil. Seal the chicken, remove and reserve.
- In same skillet, hot, add a little oil and little water and add the vegetables, one variety at a time. First the carrot, then the peppers, cucumbers, onions, zucchini.
- Copiously with soy sauce. Vegetables should be crunchy.
- At the last moment add the bean sprouts, birdseed and chicken.
Rice Gruel with oat porridge
- 1 liter of rice milk
- ¾ cup of oatmeal
- Brown sugar
- Water if necessary
- Boil water with cinnamon, in a separate bowl put the oats to soak, as the water has boiled with the cinnamon, add the oats and cook for 5 minutes and once this, add milk and sugar, but must be moved constantly because it can burn.
- When boiled for 10 minutes remove from heat and serve, either in bowls or cup.
Salad of tomatoes and seeds
- 8 large ripe tomatoes
- 75 g Sesame seed
- 2 tablespoons of chopped almonds
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of two lemons
- Finely chopped parsley
- 1 / 2 teaspoon of ground white pepper
- Blanch and peel tomatoes. Cut in half and remove seeds.
- Dice 1 or 2 centimeters.
- Toast the sesame seeds lightly, putting them in a skillet over low heat, stirring constantly and without fat.
- Add the tomatoes, a touch of pepper and salt and cook another two minutes over low heat.
- Put in a source, sprinkle with sesame seeds, allow to cool and serve.
- Sprinkle chopped almonds with lemons previously dissolved.
Cactus, lemon and parsley smoothie
- A cactus or a glass of aloe juice
- A sprig of parsley
- 3 lemons, scrubbed
- Molasses rice, the less possible
- Blend lemon with peel. Strain. Blend in the lemon water the rest of the ingredients.
- Drink on an empty stomach every day. Excellent cleanser for eliminating bad fats and regulates triglycerides