Published: 01/30/2011 - Updated: 12/14/2013
Author: K. Laura Garcés G
Do not think that all fats are bad, there are healthy fats that are essential for your body. Your brain and heart cannot function without the fat, so your diet should not avoid all of them together, but choose those good fats and take them smartly, avoiding all the fat that just wear out and give extra work to your body and gives overweight.
Here is a recipe guide with good fats to begin to include them in your diet and menu.
Good fat foods to include in moderation:
Extra virgin olive oil, olives, almonds, nuts, seeds, milk and unrefined vegetable oils, fish, tuna, flaxseed, avocado, peanuts (eat it very sparingly because it is very nutritious but very calorie), etc.
Healthy foods low in fat which you can often include in your diet to lose weight:
Fruits, vegetables, legumes, seeds, vegetable milks or cereals, amaranth, oats and whole grains, soy products (tofu, etc.), etc.
Non-beneficial fatty foods not recommended for weight loss:
Red meat, fried foods, sausages, beef and milk products (except buttermilk and homemade yogurt), and refined sugar products (sodas, candy, cookies, canned goods, etc.) Flour and white bread or refined.
Note: turkey, chicken and fish are allowed on meat diets to lose weight but you have to prepare grilled, season with herbs and a little salt, and accompany with a salad or fresh vegetable juice.
Here are some recipes:
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALHenna Tattoo
- 300 grams of hard tofu
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of toasted and ground sesame
- A dash of tamari ginger oil
- Sauté the onion and carrot, add the tofu, ginger and sesame, knead the ingredients into cakes.
- Soak in hot oil until golden. Once crispy, put them on a blotter with a few drops of tamari on top. Serve hot, accompanied by a bit of grated radish.
- 1 whole fish of 500 to 800 grams (cleaned, gutted and skinned) can be mackerel, trout, or other
- 1 large onion, julienned
- 2 tomatoes cut into julienne
- 1 bell pepper, cut into julienne
- 1 carrot cut into julienne
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 10 chopped basil leaves
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Clean fish and season with some salt, rubbing it on the outside and inside by placing a pinch of salt, pepper and chopped garlic.
- In a wok or large saucepan, make a bed with the onion and carrot.
- Place seasoned fish on top and add the pepper, tomato, basil and oregano. Add lemon juice.
- Put it to simmer gently for about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve with a small portion of white rice or boiled potatoes. If you want to give an Oriental touch, you can add a dash of tamari or soy sauce.
Soup with buttermilk
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALPhytomedicine: Past and Present
- 3 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 1 / 4 cup of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- Sesame or sesame seeds to taste
- Salt and pepper
- Blend all ingredients except sesame seeds. Heat the soup over low heat, season and serve decorated with sesame.
Zucchini stuffed with tune
- 3 tablespoons of buttermilk or homemade yogurt
- 2 cans of tuna
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped onion
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and finely chopped
- 12 round zucchini
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the zucchini on top and take out the inside part, take care to avoid breaking it.
- Steam or cook in boiling water but not much, (very healthy if you eat more raw than cooked)
- Mix the buttermilk with a little olive oil and pinch of salt.
- Sauté onion and garlic in oil, until brown.
- Add the tomatoes and cook a little more.
- Add drained tuna and cook over low heat.
- Stir in buttermilk.
- Fill the zucchini with this mixture.
- Arrange in a baking dish lightly greased with olive oil.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs on top of each squash.
- Bake a few minutes to heat only.
About the author