Published: 02/10/2007 - Updated: 05/31/2016
Gomasio is a Japanese word that consists of Goma (Sesame) and Sio (salt). The union of these two ingredients makes a very healthy paste known as Gomasio or sesame salt. For us it has become an essential condiment in salads, but can be consumed with pasta, soups, vegetables ... In addition to salting the food slightly, it gives a delicious taste and aroma.
Gomasio may be part of many dishes, I put some recipes for example:
Green and orange salad
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 / 2 cup of shredded carrots
- 1 cup of mushrooms
- 3 green onions
- 1 cup of brown rice
- 10 teaspoons of sesame seeds
- Sea salt, olive oil, lemon juice
- Boil the rice and allow to cool. ince garlic. Grate carrots. Wash mushrooms, cut.
- Sauté the mushrooms and finely chopped green onions, in olive oil until brown. Prepare Gomasio: wash the 10 teaspoons of sesame, toast in a skillet over low heat, mix with 1 teaspoon of sea salt. Grind in a mortar.
- Serve in a bowl in the center to prepare the mushrooms and green onions seasoned to taste. Place carrots, and chopped garlic, all seasoned with salt, olive oil and lemon juice
- Accompany with rice and seasoned with gomasio.
- ¾ cup of sesame oil
- 2 onions chopped
- ¼ cup of grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons of curcuma
- 1 teaspoon of ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon of poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon of great masala
- 3 chopped tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons of fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon of tarragon
- 1 tablespoon of fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon of fresh oregano
- 2 potato with skin into squares
- 4 cups of chopped vegetables of the following: carrots, cabbage and zucchini.
- 10 cloves of garlic, minced
- In a saucepan heat the oil. Add onion and ginger. Add turmeric, pepper, poppy seeds and much masala. Skip the mixture two minutes and add tomatoes and herbs. Finally add the vegetables and garlic.
- Add mineral water to taste to the boiled. Boil for one hour. Serve and season with gomasio.
Ricotta cheese tortellini with sprouts salad
- 500g of ricotta tortellini
- 4 tablespoons of soy milk cream
- 1 tablespoon of butter
For the salad:
- 50 g of lentils germinated
- 50 g of green soybeans germinated
- 50 g of germinated alfalfa
- 1 tender minced onion
- 1 tablespoon of toasted sesame seeds
- 12 black olives oregano
- olive oil
- Boil ricotta in plenty of salted water for 20 minutes, the salad is prepared to sit and the flavors mix. Thus, combine the sprouts in a bowl and add the onion, sesame oil and aligning these ingredients with a little oil and sprinkle with oregano and gomasio.
- When tortellini is cooked and drained, put in a container with a little butter. Here are divided into individual dishes and cover with the cream of soy milk, along with salad and sprouts ready.
- 3 cups of brown rice
- 3 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of gomasio
- sea salt
- Nori seaweed
- Cook rice without salt until it is firm, add the parsley, soy sauce, olive oil, the gomasio and sea salt to taste.
- Cover plate with Nori seaweed, garnish with strips of carrots, olives.
Croquettes of tofu
- 1 carrot
- Half chives
- 250g. of tofu
- One cup of brown rice
- 1 tablespoon of gomasio
- 1 tablespoon of oil and salt
- Cook rice for 40 minutes, with double the water. While, grate carrot, tofu and cut the onion into very small pieces. Pour everything into a bowl. Add gomasio, the Tamari and rice once it is cooked.
- Move to create a homogeneous mass.
- Form pellets with help of a spoon, take with your hands wet so that doesn’t stick. Just miss fry about 3 minutes in the pan, and be ready to eat. They are also very rich if we pass them before by cornmeal. It may be accompanied with some tomato sauce or roasted potatoes and some veganesa.