Sometimes it’s hard to think of new breakfast ideas, especially keeping in mind that breakfast helps us wake up. That’s why I’m leaving you with five ideas for breakfast. I hope you find them practical for the home. They are also vegetarian, so they’re perfect if you follow a vegetarian diet, or if you just want to try something new.
Chilaquiles with chipotle sauce
- 1 kilo of tortillas
- 5 tomatoes
- 1 poblano pepper
- ½ onion
- 200 grams semi-firm tofu
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. chipotle pepper
- Grill the poblano pepper and place it in a plastic bag, sealing it closed and letting it set for 10 minutes. The pepper will soften up. Remove the skin, seeds, and cut it julienne style. Set aside.
- Cut the tortillas into thin strips and fry them until they are golden and crunchy. Once they have finished cooking, place them on a paper towel to remove as much oil as possible.
- Cook the tomatoes. Once finished cooking, blend them with ¼ of the onion, the garlic, chipotle and salt.
- Cook the sauce so as to lightly thicken it up. You can take advantage of this to bring the flavors out. Add the fried tortillas to the sauce and the remaining diced onion. Gently mix.
- Serve on flat plates and place a bit of the cubed tofu as well as the poblano pepper strips on top of the chilaquiles. Try to serve them with refried beans.
- If you like, you could add a bit of Greek yogurt or cream to them.
- 1 c. quinoa
- 2 c. milk
- ½ cream
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ c. sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 c. banana, diced
- ½ c. grated coconut
- ½ c. blackberries
- ½ c. raisins
- Mix the quinoa, milk, cream, vanilla extract, sugar, cinnamon and raisins in a pot. Cook these ingredients for half an hour, trying to stir them occasionally to prevent the ingredients from sticking. The mixture will thicken and the quinoa will soften up and absorb the liquids.
- Once the quinoa is ready, let cool and refrigerate for at least two hours. You could make it the night before so it’s ready for your breakfast.
- Serve in a bowl and place the banana, blueberries, raisins and grated coconut on top. You could add other fruit or nuts if you like.
- 10 flour tortillas
- ½ kilo extra-firm tofu
- 2 bell peppers
- ½ c. mushrooms, sliced
- 1 c. spinach
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Drain the tofu and cut into cubes. In a frying pan, sauté the garlic in some oil. Once it’s golden, add the tofu, salt and pepper. Cook until lightly golden and set aside.
- With a bit of oil in the frying pan, cook the spinach, mushrooms and peppers, julienned and seeded. Mix the tofu with the vegetables.
- Serve on flour tortillas and roll them up tightly. Brown the rolls in an ungreased pan, hotplate, grill. Cut in half and serve. Top the recipe off with any salsa of your choice.
- 1 c. oatmeal
- 1 ½ c. rice flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 c. almond milk
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 bananas
- 1 c. strawberries
- Maple syrup
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Cut the bananas and place them in a bowl. Lightly squeeze them into a puree.
- In a separate bowl, mix the oatmeal, rice flour, baking powder and salt. Afterwards, add the bananas, honey, vanilla extract, and using a blender, blend all ingredients. Once finished, let set for at least 20 minutes to make it easier to handle the dough.
- In a frying pan with a bit of oil, fry the pancakes.
- Once finished, serve with strawberries on top and drizzle honey, maple syrup, or corn syrup of your choice.
Apple Banana Smoothie
- 2 c. almond milk
- 1 apple
- 1 banana
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Cut the banana and apple; remove the apple core.
- Blend the fruit with the honey, cinnamon and vanilla. Taste it to see if it has enough honey, if not, add however much more it needs.
- You could also mix in other fruit as well, like strawberries.
The best of Recipes & Cooking
Products related with Five Breakfast Ideas with Vegetarian Recipes
You have not found what you were looking for?