Fennel is an aromatic herb that has medicinal properties and it is also very useful to prepare dishes in the kitchen. It has spasmodic, digestive, diuretic and carminative properties. In infusion, it is an excellent analgesic, also very effective to combat respiratory diseases.
Here are some recipes:
Cream of carrot with fennel
- 1 medium fennel bulb, approx.
- 750 grams of carrot
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 cups of vegetable brothor water
- 1 / 3 cup of orange juice
- 1 or 2 tablespoons of cream (heavy cream) or none if you prefer to make it lighter, olive oil salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- First cut the fennel bulb, chopped and reserve the leaves. In a large pot, put the chopped fennel to cook a few minutes with a little olive oil to soften. Then add the carrots previously cut in slices and crushed garlic cloves and cook with fennel leaves for a couple of minutes.
- Then add the vegetable broth or water and season with a little salt, simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes until the fennel and carrots are very tender.
- Remove soup from heat, add orange juice and fennel leaves and blender all ingredients until the mixture is creamy. Finally add cream, correcting the salt and add a little freshly ground pepper to taste and ready to serve.
Mozzarella with fennel
- lemon juice 500g
- 1 teaspoon of marjoram
- cup of chicken broth
- 200g of mozzarella
- 1 bay leaf
- White pepper
- Clean the fennel, reserving leaves for garnish.
- Cut bulbs in small transverse slices, place in a pan. Fire, add broth, lemon juice, marjoram and bay leaf for 30 minutes.
- Drain and pass it on to a baking tray.
- Add salt and pepper, place the sliced cheese on top and broil until cheese is browned and bubbly. Garnish with reserved leaves and serve.
Fennel salad with olives
- Red onions, cut into 8 pieces
- Ball tomatoes, cut in half
- Tablespoons of olive oil
- Tablespoons of fresh oregano
- Young leaves of salad
- 1 cup of black olives
- 3 tablespoons of cider vinegar
- 3 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- Preheat oven to 200 (Celsius).
- Place the fennel, onions and tomatoes in a bowl of oven. Heat oil in a saucepan over low heat.
- Put the oil over the vegetables and roast for about 30 minutes. To make the dressing, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, oil and garlic.
- To serve: Place the vegetables in the dish on the young leaves of salad and drizzle with the dressing and olives.
Celery salad with fennel
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALBiodynamic preparations
- 6 celery sticks
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 bulbs of fennel
- Cut the fennel bulbs upside down and shredded celery sticks. Place in a bowl.
- Dress with oil, salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Garnish with fennel and celery leaves.
Tuna with fennel and parsley
- 1 ½ lemon
- 6 branches of fennel
- 6 sprigs of parsley
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Sea salt
- Clean the skin and bones of tuna.
- Squeeze the lemon and reserve juice.
- Chop and mix the herbs.
- n a bowl, mix the juice with 1 / 3 of the herbs and oil. Introducing the tuna and let macerate 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- In a skillet with hot oil, cook fish one minute per side. Salted and cover with herbs.
- Strain the marinade and heat it. Carving the tuna and sprinkle with marinade.
About the author