Published: 09/07/2009 - Updated: 04/22/2016
Each country has a very peculiar way of preparing their dishes, and each country has, among those dishes, some that stand out not only as a treat for the palate, but because they are highly nutritious and energetic. On this occasion we chose Ethiopia, a country with a variety of very healthy and tasty dishes, ideal for vegetarians, vegans and those who enjoy simple and healthy cuisine.
Vegetables and potatoes with sesame
- 5 green peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon of grated fresh ginger
- 6 small potatoes, diced
- 230 g of green beans
- 4 carrots
- 2 medium onions,
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste sesame
- Place potatoes, green beans and carrots in boiling salted water. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Remove and drain vegetables.
- Fry the peppers and onion in oil until very soft, then add the ginger and garlic. Season with salt and pepper and fry for another 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetables and remaining ingredients and cook over medium heat until vegetables are tender. Garnish with sesame seeds.
- Mix all the ingredients and let stand covered 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- Cook like pancakes in a lightly greased pan anti adhesive oil, a few minutes and only one hand.
- Stack like pancakes and serve as bread.
- 1 fresh lettuce, chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper (optional), thinly sliced (do not remove seeds)
- 1 red onion, minced
- 60 ml of Italian dressing
- Combine all vegetables in bowl and mix well.
- Add dressing and toss to combine. In this dish you can add bits of pre-seasoned tofu or goat cheese.
- 3 large onions, diced
- 4 large carrots
- 3 potatoes, chopped
- 1 / 4 white cabbage, chopped
- 60 ml of oil
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 / 2 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 / 2 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 / 2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 liter of water
- Heat oil in large skillet and add the vegetables. Cover and fry gently for 2-3 minutes. Add ginger, turmeric, salt and pepper and mix well, then add water, stir and cook over low heat one of 30-40 minutes, until the vegetables are ready.
- Serve immediately. You can serve with pita bread or toast bread.
- 2 tablespoons of whole cumin seeds
- 4 whole cloves
- 3 / 4 teaspoon of cardamom
- 1 / 2 tsp of black pepper
- 1 / 4 teaspoon of allspice berries
- 1 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds
- 1 / 2 teaspoon of coriander seeds
- 10 piri-piri chiles, dried
- 1 / 2 teaspoon of freshly grated ginger
- 1 / 4 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 1 / 2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 / 4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- Heat in a saucepan over low heat and toast the cumin, cloves, cardamom, black pepper, pepper, ginger and fenugreek for about 2-3 minutes, until the spices begin to 'pop', stirring constantly
- Remove from heat, let cool, then add to a coffee grinder along with the stem of pepper and then grind the thyme leaves to a fine paste. Add the remaining ingredients and store in a tightly closed jar.
- 120 ml of vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon of ginger, freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 450 g of lean ground beef
- Salt, to taste
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
- 240 g of goat cheese, grated
- Parsley for garnish
- First, combine the butter and parsley, to form a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry the onion until golden, add ginger, garlic, tomato, minced meat and salt. Reduce heat and simmer slowly for about 20 minutes, stirring regularly. Add eggs to pot, stir to combine and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat then add the turmeric and butter, sprinkle with parsley and cheese. Serve immediately with rice and / or fresh bread. You can also use this as a filling of vegetables.