Both for people who want to keep on hand some extra energy to make sport, and for those who do not have much time to sit at picnic There is a solution rich, healthy and above all very practical: the energy or cereal bars. Because bars provide quick energy for the body recovery after the effort and help offset the costs involved in exercising.
While many people try not eating before doing physical activity for fear of suffering annoyance, everything will depend on the quality and quantity of food that is chosen. These products are designed for athletes, as a quick, easy and practical to provide energy before, during or after training. While they are a good choice, do not abuse them, as a varied and balanced diet provides all the nutrients needed to maintain good health and better performance.
Why eat energy bars?
The main functions of eating a snack such as energy bars before the physical activity include:
- Intake prevents a drop in blood sugar , which is called hypoglycemia The symptoms of hypoglycemia with an optimal physical performance.
- It nourishes whole body , because the muscles store energy as glycogen, either with meals eaten during the day, as consumed with one hours after the exercise.
- Obviously satiate our desire to eat and reduce our sense of hunger.
Nutritional value of these bars is very different between the two brands, but overall troop 100 grams.
It is well established that the nutritional composition of bars available today is very different. In fact, the ingredients are different. Based cereal (rolled oats, wheat, corn, rice, bran), fruits and nuts, sugar, honey, lactose and other milk components, milk powder and chocolate. Some manufacturers use enriched milk or vegetable protein like soy, and vitamins and minerals.
The bars are very energy due to its high carbohydrate content. Market research says that you can find in the bars up to 370 calories every hundred grams of chocolate, others with 488 g. 100 calories.
How to make energy bars at home
- 3 tbsp of corn flakes without sugar
- 1 tbsp of wheat germ
- 2 tbsp of bran
- 4 dried apricots, chopped
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 2 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tbsp of sweetener
- 2 tsp of vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven at medium temperature and lubricate a plate of 16 x 40 cm oven with vegetable spray; reserve. Mix oatmeal in a bowl with corn flakes, bran, wheat germ, the apricots, sugar and cinnamon.
- Beat the whites with the sweetener and vanilla essence until point snow dump on the preparation in the form above and surround mixing. Place on greased plate and cook for 15 '.
- Remove from oven, cut rectangles in hand and continue cooking until firm and crisp.
Good for practices: As the pace of life and lack of time for meals, resorting to the bars is a very healthy option to meet nutritional requirements without complications. Their small compact design makes them easy to carry, and can be used as "emergency food".
Provide a good amount of calories by physical activity: eating something before exercise increases energy and physical stamina. Ingesting some 200 or 300 calories improves physical performance.
Are a good source of carbohydrates: in this way during resistance exercise is increased energy to perform the routine.
Foods are high digestibility: this depends on each body, but if it is true they are easier to digest than a meal. A good way to make them more tolerable is drinking plenty of water with them.
Are available on the market with wide variety of tastes and nutrients: granola, cereal mixed with fruit, nuts, with chocolate chips, low fat, high protein, high in carbohydrates, etc.
Provide fats: the advantage of including fat before exercise through these bars, is to provide sustainable energy, especially for all those activities that exceed 90 minutes in duration.
- 60-80% carbohydrates (for energy that are so)
- 3-24% fat
- 4-15% protein
- 370 – 490 calories
- Are enriched with vitamins and minerals
About the author