Published: 01/26/2011 - Updated: 06/08/2016
Eggplant is a vegetable that is appreciated for its dietary properties; it contains a large amount of water and adequate levels of potassium. It is a vegetable with many nutritional qualities and is energetic, but has a special flavor that gives a special touch that usually attract many palates. Here we share some recipes with eggplant to surprise your guests.
Eggplant with Mozzarella
Ingredients: (4 servings)
- 1 large eggplant
- 2 cups of grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 cup of grated bread
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- Olive oil
- Finely chopped parsley
- Cut the eggplant into slices and let them rest in a bowl.
- Mix the flour with grated bread, and beat egg in another bowl, pass eggplant slices in beaten egg seasoned with salt and pepper, then cover with the mixture of flour and bread, fry in olive oil until browned on both sides and place in a glass dish.
- Cut the tomatoes into slices not too thin and add to each of the eggplant slices flavored with salt, pepper and add the mozzarella cheese and parsley, put it in the oven to 180 degrees and let grill for 10 to 15 minutes.
Eggplant Au Gratin
- 4 eggplant slices with skin
- 4 ripe bananas sliced
- 250 grams of Parmesan or pecorino cheese, grated
- 250 grams of sliced turkey ham
- 250 Grams of sliced cheese of your choice
- 2 cups of bechamel sauce
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Fry the eggplant slices with a teaspoon of butter on a skillet. Fry banana slices until golden brown in other skillet.
- Put butter in a tray and place layers: banana first, then sliced eggplant and ham, covered with bechamel sauce and grated cheese at last,
- Bake at a temperature of 250 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve with a good salad.
- 1 large eggplant, diced
- 1 cup of lentils
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cups of chopped tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small onion in pieces
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 sausages or 2 strips of bacon
- 1 / 2 cup of lemon juice
- Salt (to taste)
- 2 tbsp. of chopped fresh mint
- Cook lentils in water with sausages or bacon and bay leaf for about 30 minutes over low heat, or until soft. Remove bay leaf.
- Separately, cook the eggplant in salted water for 15 minutes. When cooked, but not too much, sauté in a pan with olive oil, onions, tomatoes and garlic and stir for 10 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into the pot of lentils and let simmer for 15 minutes. Add the lemon juice in serving dishes and garnish with mint.
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 2 or 3 eggplants
- 1 / 2 small onion (optional)
- 2 small tomatoes,
- 1 or 2 cloves of garlic
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil or more if necessary
- A dash of lemon juice
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- Preheat grill or oven to 400 º F (200 º C).
- Wash the eggplants and place them under the grill or in a hot oven, let cook until the skins are blackened and the inside is tender (about 20 minutes). Peel the onion and chop finely, peel and cut the tomatoes, peel the garlic and mash until you get a fine paste. Once eggplant is roasted, open them in half and with a spoon, remove the inside part and place on a table, using teaspoon to scrape the skin.
- Finely chop pulp and place in a bowl. Stir in onions, tomatoes, garlic and oil, or mayonnaise. Taste the mixture and add a few drops of lemon juice, more garlic and salt and pepper if necessary.
- Eggplant puree is known as "caviar of the poor", it has an excellent smoky flavor. Serve cold with brown bread and butter.
- 4 eggplants
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 / 2 lemon
- Put three or four eggplants and roast in the oven. When the pulp is tender, remove it using a spoon, sprinkle with lemon juice and stir. Put the mixture in the bowl of a mixer and put3 cloves garlic, which you've previously removed the germ. Beat it a few seconds.
- Stir five or six tablespoons of oil and prepare it as if it were a mayonnaise. This sauce is a good accompaniment to boiled eggs.
Spaghetti with Eggplant sauce
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 250 grams of spaghetti cooked previously
- 1 eggplant, cut into cubes
- 1 red pepper into cubes
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- ½ cup of chopped fresh basil
- Herbs to taste
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- Olive oil in spray
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tsp of grated mozzarella
- Sprinkle salt over eggplant. Reserve for 1 hour. Wash them.
- In a skillet, sprinkle olive oil and brown the peppers, garlic, onion and eggplant.
- Cook until the onion is transparent.
- Add the vegetable broth, basil and herbs you want.
- Continue cooking until eggplant is tender (approximately 30 minutes).
- Once cooked, spread the paste in a dish like a crown and add the eggplant sauce.
- Add the grated mozzarella.