Halloween is one of the most celebrated dates worldwide andpreparing special food for that day can be fun for the whole family. There are many ideas and simple recipes you can prepare for Halloween if you are hosting a party, a meeting or just having a good time with family. Don't miss out this year: Try one of these fantastic and delicious recipes!
Roasted vegetables with rosemary
- 1 bunch of chambray onions
- 3 carrots
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 tbsp. of Olive oil
- 1 tbsp. of vinegar
- 2 tbsp. of Finely chopped rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1/4 tsp. of Ground black pepper
- Cut the tips off the spring onions and chop the remaining ingredients, cut the carrot into quarters or thin slices and the sweet potatoes into quarters or medium cubes.
- Put water into a saucepan and bring to the boil, then add the sweet potato and cook for about 8-10 minutes until soft.
- Drain and place in a bowl, add the carrots and onions.
- Mix and season with the olive oil, vinegar and chopped rosemary.
- Drain on a baking sheet, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 200°C, stirring occasionally with a spatula. Let them take on an even golden colour.
“Ghost” Pears poached in syrup
- 6 pears
- 3 1/2 cups of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp. of Vanilla extract
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1/4 cup of Pear brandy or liqueur *optional
- 2 tbsp. of Raisins or chocolate chips for the eyes and mouth of the pears
- Place the water, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract in a pan and heat until the sugar dissolves and forms a syrup.
- Peel the pears and cut the bases so they can sit in the syrup until softened. To make sure they are soft and cooked, insert a stick or the tip of a knife into the thickest part of the pear – it should easily pierce the pear.
- Remove from heat and add the pear brandy or liqueur.
- Make small incisions with the aid of a stick in the places where you want to put the eyes and mouth of the pears.
- Cut raisins into small pieces and place as the eyes and mouths.
- Serve with a little syrup.
- 1 culinary pumpkin
- 2 tbsp. of Olive oil
- 1 onion
- 3 cups of chicken or vegetable stock
- 100 gr. of Greek yogurt
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. of cinnamon
- Salt & Pepper (sufficient amount)
- Peel and chop the squash and onion.
- In a saucepan or deep pot, sauté the onion in oil until lightly caramelized.
- Add the squash and sauté until softened slightly – mix with chicken or vegetable stock, cook until soft and well heated.
- Reduce the heat and mash with the help of a food processor or blender, before returning to the boil and adding the yogurt.
- Season with spices, salt and pepper.
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALSnack recipes (vegetarian and healthy)
- 1 pack of Sausages
- 250 gr. puff pastry
- 1 egg
- Roll out the puff pastry to give it the thickness of half a centimeter.
- Cut into strips and wrap around the sausages, leaving an open space to place the eyes.
- Varnish with beaten egg with a little water.
- Bake at 180°C for 15-20 minutes until the crust is golden brown.
- Insert two eyes using the peppercorns.
- Serve with ketchup and mustard sauce.
About the author