Published: 08/30/2011 - Updated: 02/04/2018
Author: K. Laura Garcés G2 Comments
If you have dry skin and no remedy seems to end it, it is time to try some secrets and tips to get your skin healthy, hydrated and full of youth. Well, the only thing you lose is the doubt. So get to work, because if the skin is dry means that something is happening to your body and mind, and you should take care now. And for this, one must know the causes of dry skin.
Causes of dry skin:
- Poor functioning of the sebaceous glands, which cannot produce the necessary fluids or oils to lubricate the skin and protect against water loss.
- A low quality diet, deficiency of vitamins and minerals, which may be related to bad functioning of the sebaceous gland.
- The use of soaps, cosmetics, creams, gels or low quality products.
- Constant exposure to air conditioning, heating, etc..
- Lack of good fats in your diet.
- Emotional factors: stress, anxiety or frequent irritation causes the skin pores to close and constrict, not allowing the skin to properly nourish and absorption of fats and oils. In addition, excess resistance causes bad assimilation of the nutrients you eat, so even though you eat well, if you do not work with this aspect, the skin will suffer.
- A poorly functioning of intestines.
The dry skin usually appears in the legs, arms, face, side of the abdomen and thighs. Some symptoms associated with dry skin are:
- Peeling and sensitive skin
- Cracks or breaks in the skin
What is the first step to end it?
The first is to consider that if you apply many creams, ointments, oils, and other prodcuts to lubricate it you will only cause a weak skin that gets drier every time, so you will need more external remedies to keep it lubricated. The skin can generate its own natural oils if you give it the necessary elements and an enabling environment to generate and absorb.
Start from the root of the problem: intestines
What do intestines have to do with dry skin? Everything, in the intestine the absorption of nutrients is produced. So you have to begin to purge and cleanse the intestines so that nutrients can begin to absorb and reach your skin. A cleansing diet comes first. Put on a diet two days eating only apples and two liters of pure water. If you get hungry … eat more apples! All you can eat is that and olive oil extra virgin, fasting for two days, two tablespoons with a little lemon juice. If you feel little pain in the belly, or have diarrhea or other symptoms, do not panic, it's just the effect of the cleansing diet.
Diet for dry skin
Once you complete the cleansing diet, begin to gradually include other foods to your diet, starting with fruit and vegetables. The products you should avoid are: sugars and refined flour, cow's milk and derivatives, fried meats and junk food. This is to avoid accumulation of toxins or fat and to achieve a deep cleansing.
You can start each day drinking while fasting a green tea with the juice of a lemon. Tea is a potent antioxidant and lemon is purifying, a perfect mix to start to regenerate the skin. After this, wait 20 minutes or more, and then breakfast fruit.
By midmorning, you can eat vegetarian sandwich, pizza or whatever you like. Foods that help your skin to produce oil and recapture its youth and freshness are:
- Cold pressed vegetable oils, especially olive oil
- Flax seeds, sunflower and sesame (excellent for nourishing dry skin)
- Citrus fruits rich in vitamin C
- Grains and flours
- Blueberries, apples, goji berries
- Brewer's yeast
- Pure Honey
- Carrots, alfalfa, tomatoes, and celery cannot miss in your diet
- Aloe juice is excellent cell regenerator, and very nourishing to the skin
- Fish such as salmon and tuna
- Brown rice
- The melon is excellent natural skin moisturizer
The key is to eat slowly, chew your food thoroughly and try to avoid overcooked foods. The vegetables should be consumed raw as possible, and do not mix fruits with other foods.
- Avoid very large bathrooms with hot water
- Do not use soaps frequently, and use natural soaps with honey or cucumber
- Reduce the frequency of the baths
Exercise is a fundamental part to make the skin beautiful and well hydrated. If you do not exercise, nutrients do not circulate through your body and your blood will not be well oxygenated, so your skin will suffer. It will be very beneficial and nourishing for the skin to exercise at least 20 minutes a day.
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALBurn fat
Mask against dry skin mask
The best is the avocado with yogurt and honey, or cucumber.
- Mix in one cup of plain yogurt, half an avocado, 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and a teaspoon of honey. Apply on your face and let it absorb for a while. Then wash.
- Apply cucumber slices on your clean face and leave for a while. The cucumber is very beneficial for the skin.
It is important that you exfoliate your face once a week. Green clay is very good at it, give yourself a gentle massage on your face and then apply honey, cucumber or apple cream.
About the author
Nice tips to keep a healthy and beautiful skin! I think I?ll follow all of them because I?m having some troubles with my skin especially on my arms. They look dry and ugly and I don?t know why, maybe my diet is not the proper one, but I try to avoid all kind of bad products for my body.
Thank you so much for such great advice!! I’ve had dry skin for quite some time, especially after I turned 25. Before then my skin was actually quite oily, and then fairly quickly it turned dry. Even though I live in a moist/humid climate, I still have to apply moisturizer. I’ll try out your tips!