Are you too busy to exercise? Or maybe you think it’s too boring or difficult. This is how most people opt for a more sedentary life, even if the recommendation is to perform at least half an hour of exercise three or four days a week, minimum. What's your excuse?
I hate exercise
Enjoying exercise may seem impossible, but can be done. Almost all exercises seem hard at first, but with a little practice and perseverance, your body becomes stronger, and even begins to enjoy it. Choose something that suits your personality and lifestyle, such as:
- Fitness: If you like doing exercise with others, most gyms offer a variety of activities.
- Games: While some video games can be a reason to be sedentary, it is true there are video games which are ideal for fun while exercising.
- Exercise Videos: You can exercise with videos in your own living room. It is only necessary that you have some routine, aerobics or exercise of your choice in a professional video.
- Exercise at home: If your intention is to lift weights, you can use milk bottles or containers filled with sand. Cleaning can also be good, tasks like raking leaves, shoveling snow, among others, can help burn calories.
You abandon the exercise with ease
People often stop doing the exercise for several reasons:
- If you hold a very intense exercise, in a short time. Your body suffers, and feels exhaustion and fatigue.
- By confusion, when you do not know if your routine is correct, or do not know which to choose.
- Because of boredom, if your exercise is based on a treadmill or a stationary bike, in the end, it does not take you anywhere, and will end up being boring, and surely you will abandon it sooner or later.
- Because it hurts, the pain is normal when you are a beginner, but still, you should not exercise until you are very exhausted, if the next day you cannot walk, is perhaps that you're being very demanding.
Your budget can’t pay it
It is true that maintaining a monthly or annual gym can become an expense that affects our economy; however, there are exercise options that are completely free.
- Walk or run: All you need is a good pair of shoes; it is a simple and accessible training.
- Buy multipurpose equipments: The weight equipment often is cheaper and can be used for the entire body. You can also buy an exercise bike or common, the last one can also serve as a means of transport.
- Workout at home: the videos as mentioned above are useful, for a daily routine.
- Find free resources: The Internet is a great source of free routines for workouts and weight loss programs. If your problem is the acquisition of professional video equipment, you can use Internet illustrative videos.
You do not see any change in your body
Nothing can discourage more than not seeing results, however, we must be aware that the exercise takes time; it could take up to 12 weeks before you start to notice big changes, so do not forget that before giving up.
You are busy
You do not have to neglect your job, or your family, to be physically active. Go for a walk with your kids, enroll to a gym that has a daycare, or follow routines in videos while awaiting dinner time may be the option that suits you. If your children are old enough, you can make them participate in your exercise routine, it's really a good idea. Find activities that kids will enjoy.
Do not try a radical change
When we set a physical activity goal, we often plan to go to the gym daily, or follow exhaustive routines. However, the best thing is to start light and gradually, gradually increase the intensity and constancy of our exercise. After a while your body will ask and will become a habit.
About the author