Endive is a vegetable with sweet and crunchy taste, you can prepare low-calorie dishes because it is composed mainly of water, although it has nutrients such as vitamins E, A, B1, B2, B6, and to a lesser extent C and calcium, potassium, sodium, phosphorus, magnesium, folate and antioxidants.
Here are some recipes in addition to caring for your weight, you can nourish it properly.
Endive stuffed with goat cheese
- 120g of softened goat cheese or Tofu
- 3 tbsp of Buttermilk cream or dry milk
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- Oregano powder
- 6 pieces of endive
- Pickles (to taste)
For the sauce:
- 2 tablespoons of yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of dried buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon of tomato seasoned
- 1 tablespoon of cider vinegar
- The tip of a teaspoon of dijon mustard
- Juice of one lemon
- The egg yolk
- Thoroughly wash the leaves of the endive and separate, draining.
- Use the largest leaves to serve as molds and fill with goat cheese. Reserve.
- Chop the tomatoes and pickles and mix with corn, stuff with cheese.,
- Pour all sauce ingredients in a bowl and beat until well integrated. If it is too thick, add tomato sauce seasoned.
- Dip stuffed endive with this sauce and serve. A delight!
Endive with Salmon
- 8 endives
- ½ kilo of salmon
- 300 gr. Of Manchego cheese
- 1 pepper
- ½ peeled organic tomatos
- extra virgin oil
- sea salt
- Garlic to taste
- Juice of one lemon
- Sauté the salmon with sprigs of parsley, garlic and a pinch of salt. When cooked, place in a large bowl and reserve.
- Boil 3whole endive in a pan with water and a pinch of salt. Let them temper and cut them in half. Cut another 3 endive in half and fry them on both sides in a skillet with oil.
- Finely chop the pepper and tomato. Put in a bowl. Pour a little oil and a dash of vinegar. Add salt and pepper and whisk well until pickup.
- Cut the cheese in cubes. Sink the other 2 sliced endive and add all the container.
- Add a bit of vinaigrette and mix well.
- Serve the salmon on an ample supply on one side of fried endive and other cooked ones. Season all with it the rest of the vinaigrette.
Endive in orange juice
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALtepezcohuite-1
- 500 g of potatoes
- 400 g of endive
- 4 oranges
- Black pepper
- 100 g of blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of cereal flakes fine
- 2 sprigs of dill
- Wash the potatoes well and cook with skin on salt water. Wash the endives and remove the bitter part of the trunk. Squeeze two oranges, peel the other two and cut into thin slices.
- Cut the cheese.
- Endives are sautéed in oil.
- It is added salt and pepper and orange juice. They are baked 10 minutes.
- Melt the cheese into juice, sauce is joined with the cereal flakes and warm in orange slices.
- Peel the potatoes. Put on the plates with endive and drizzled with sauce.
- It is garnished with a dill tips.
Endive with vegetarian ham
- 4 endives, not too big
- Butter, 60 gr.
- 2-3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 5 slices of bacon, cut into thin strips
- 5 tablespoons of bread crumbs
- 5 tablespoons of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- A bit of mozzarella cheese, to give body
- Aroma of taste: thyme
- vegetarian ham to taste
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALHenna: Natural Dyes
- Clean the endive, discarding outer leaves and cutting the base. Cut lengthwise into two parts. Reserve.
- Preheat oven to 180 º and grease a baking sheet or "Pyrex" with butter (could use olive oil).
- Put endives on the tray, take sugar to offset the taste of endive, bacon bits, butter, salt (not much, since bacon is salty) and pepper. Bake for about 15 minutes, until the endives begin to turn brown.
- Remove from oven and the temperature climbed to about 200 ° with the broiler on. We took some of the butter that has been melted in the bottom of the endives. Mix the breadcrumbs with the Parmesan and sprinkle.
- Add a little mozarrella, oregano and / or thyme. Bake for about 10 minutes, until soft. Do not roast too much.
- Remove from oven, cut, add a splash of olive oil and serve alone or, if you like, with a few bits of vegetarian ham.
Rice with endive
- 400 grams of long grain rice
- 1 endive
- 800 ml of vegetable stock
- 20 grams of mozzarella or grated Jullane
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil, pepper and salt
- Place the olive oil in a microwavable bowl, along with endive that are cleaned with a cloth without soaking for not bitter, and garlic, all chopped very small and thin. Cap and cook for 5 minutes at 100% power.
- After this time, mix everything and put for 5 minutes in the microwave. Then add the rice and boiling broth seasoned with salt and pepper and put for another 8 minutes. Serve after 5 or 6 minutes of rest sprinkled with mozzarella.
About the author