To make children develop efficiently and reach their maximum height, without a doubt, one of the fundamentals is an effective diet. Here is a nutritional guide and diet if you want your child to have the best possible height.
Food and eating habits that damage the development of the child
Prevent your child eatting only "to fill the stomach". Junk food with low nutritional value does not help the cells, tissues, bones and develop optimum systems, only cause health problems and overweight. Therefore, it is necessary to avoid in the diet the following habits:
- All processed, fried meats, sugars and refined flours.
- White Sugar: This product, in addition to severely affect the nervous system and other major body systems, demineralize body, stealing calcium from bones and causing them to be smaller.
- Sausages, fried and refined flours: These products have the great disadvantage that, besides offer no nutritional value, stay stuck in the intestinal walls, causing bad absorption of nutrient. The poor absorption of nutrients undoubtedly will be reflected in health, height and body development of the child or young person.
- Avoid fast foods, salty or spicy.
- If is hungry between meals, it is best to give fruits, cereal grains, chopped fruit or vegetables. Avoid giving bread, sweets or fried foods.
- If your child is not used to these foods, you must begin to accustom gradually trying to make a gradual diet change. For example, reduce sugar every day and other bad products and include good ones.
- Avoid buying junk foods like candy, sodas, white bread, etc.. in this way have you have no alternative than use natural products.
Food for healthy development of children
Once you have started the diet change, you need to consider also the most nutritious food for your child. Here is a list of the main foods you should not miss in diet:
- Calcium is one of the most important minerals for the proper development of children, is found in large proportions in the body and is indispensable, among other things, for optimal body growth.
- Citrus: oranges, lemons, grapefruit, tangerines, etc. are fruits high in vitamin C and antioxidants beneficial for the proper development of bones and systems. They help to form an important protein used to produce skin, tendons, ligaments and blood vessels, in addition to helping the maintenance and development of cartilage, bones and teeth.
- Vitamin D is involved in the proper absorption of calcium and phosphorus in the intestine, helping to place them correctly in bones and teeth. You can find this vitamin in the egg yolk, milk, yogurt, fish liver oils or synthesized through exposure to sunlight. Its deficiency produces alterations or poor bone development, dental and metabolic disorders. Its excess causes headaches or other symptoms.
- Amino acids and proteins: essential for growth, for the development of tissues, bones, cartilage, muscles, etc.. There are amino acids that must be consumed through food because the body doesn't produce them. Therefore, you must include the following foods and supplements in the diet of children to ensure that the requirements are covered: seaweed, brewer's yeast, amaranth, whole grains, soy, quinoa, chickpeas, oats, corn and lentils, rice and peanuts, and more.
Supplements and foods to include in the diet:
- Seaweed, yeast, vegetable milks such as almond, oats, soybeans, etc.., shark liver oil, cereal, lentils, alfalfa, fish, etc.
FASTING: citrus juice or other fruit, but only choose one or two fruits chopped withhoney.
BREAKFAST: Cereal with vegetable milk, cheese or oat balls, wheat pizza.
LUNCH: omelet with potatoes, or pancakes, tuna or vegetarian sausages with vegetables.
FOOD: vegetable soup or brown rice, cooked with fish and salad or cooked like spinach patties, cheese, spaghetti with vegetables, and more.
BETWEEN MEALS: fresh vegetable juice with a teaspoon of spirulina or chopped vegetables or fruits with lemon and salt and granola or whole wheat bread with low sugar jam (no light, just reduced sugar) or peanut butter or wheat pizza, etc.
DINNER: pasta with vegetables or rice with goat cheese or sushi, etc..
Super Nutritious vegetable Juice
- 3 carrots
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 alfalfa sprout
- A teaspoon of Spirulina
- Wash and disinfect the ingredients perfectly.
- Take the carrot juice.
- Pour the carrot juice in the blender with other ingredients.
- Blend well.
- Pass through a sieve.
- Pour into large glass.
- Enjoy this rich beverage.
Ingredients (6 servings)
- Hamburger bread (330 g)
- 1 large potato cooked and mashed (250 g)
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 2 cups of cooked lentils or 3/4 cup of uncooked lentils (140 g)
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 1/3 cup of oil
- 1/3 finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup of bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 5 tablespoons of shredded wheat germ
- 3 tablespoons of plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons of tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped parsley
- 1 clove of garlic
- Pepper, cumin and salt to taste
- Drain the cooked lentils and grind with the garlic in half a cup of the cooking broth.
- Pour the lentils into a container and mix with potatoes, wheat germ, onion, parsley, bread crumbs and beaten egg.
- Season with pepper, cumin and 3/4 teaspoon of salt or to taste. Stir until everything is integrated well.
- Form patties, and fry in hot oil over medium heat. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Add mayonnaise and mustard, place two burgers on each bun and garnish with lettuce, red tomato, and chile strips.
Ingredients (6 servings)
- Warm water (1 cup)
- Sugar (1 teaspoon)
- Whole wheat flour (1 cup)
- Wheat Flour (2 cups)
- Extra virgin olive oil (1 1/2 tablespoons)
- Salt (1 teaspoon)
- Red tomatoes (750 g)
- 1/ 2 onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 4 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 sprig of oregano or basil
- Cheese to taste, avoid very salty or greasy.
- Mushrooms, 300 grams
- Black Olives
- Tomato, avocado, sliced onions, etc..
- Stir the yeast with warm water and sugar. Let stand two to three minutes.
- In a bowl combine both flours and the teaspoon of salt.
- Gradually stir the flour to the yeast. In the pre-floured board, knead the mixture until it becomes smooth. Spread the dough with oil and let stand until doubled in size.
- To remove the skin from the tomatoes, put water in a pot and boil, put them there and immediately turn off the stove.
- Cut tomatoes in half and remove seeds.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and fry the onion. Add the garlic, being careful not to burn and finally the tomatoes. Add salt to taste.
- Crush the tomatoes and add basil or oregano and salt to taste. Let simmer. Preheat oven to 220 º C.
- Knead again a little dough, spread it with a rolling pin and place in a pan previously greased with oil and sprinkled with flour. Spread a little sauce and garnish with grated mozzarella cheese, turkey ham, mushrooms and black olives or whatever you want.
- Bake 20 minutes at 250 º C.
Oats and Amaranth Pancakes
- ¾ cup of whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup of rolled oats
- ¼ cup of amaranth seeds
- ¼ cup of honey
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 60 g of butter
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ¼ cup of milk
- Beat butter, sugar, honey, eggs and milk, when the ingredients are well combined, combine flour, oats, and amaranth.
- Pour into individual molds, filling only ¾ of each part. Bake at 180 ° C for 20 minutes, let cool, unmold and serve.
Oatmeal and Cheese balls
- 2/3 of grated cheese
- 1 cup of toasted bread crumbs
- 1 cup of oatmeal
- 6 chopped walnuts
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 onion, grated
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Season to taste
- Mix everything together and form meatballs.
- Brown in a little oil and boil them in tomato sauce or bake with white sauce.
- Serve with salad.