Published: 06/29/2010 - Updated: 06/01/2016
Author: K. Laura Garcés G3 Comments
The body undergoes changes at all ages, but whatever the stage of maturity, each body's natural condition is to be healthy and strong if properly cared for and fed. However, in old age, all the things we've done seem to be emphasized. It is at this stage that we can begin to suffer from either excess or abuse and correct habits, here is more evidence revealing the conclusion of how we have lived a life.
However, the body is so wonderful and kind, it can regain its health, harmony and even youth if you take up the appropriate habit. Let's start with the food, which is the basis of overall health. Then, we recommend that vegetarian diet is ideal for the body to restore health and energy. You will feel the difference …
- Legumes, vegetables, fruit, etc.
- Fruits well combined
- Sprouts: soy, alfalfa, etc.
- Whole grains
- Vegetable milk and oils
- Food supplements such as chlorophyll, yeast, magnesium, etc.
- Pure Water
- Vegetable cheese
Foods Not Allowed
- Sugar and refined flour (and derivatives such as bakery, candy, sodas, etc.).
- Processed and canned foods, or added with dyes, etc.
- Irritating products: coffee, alcohol, pepper, etc..
- Milk and derivatives of animal origin: cheeses, yogurts, etc.
- Animal meats and fried foods.
Here are some recipes for your menu to be varied and very healthy.
- 1 head of lettuce
- 1 tomato
- ¼ onion
- 1 handful of toasted sunflowers
- 1 handful of toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 handful of raisins
- A handful of walnuts (about 8 halves)
- A splash of olive oil
- Sea salt
- A few drops of lemon
- Cut the tomatoes, lettuce and onion to taste, add the seeds and raisins and set aside.
- Put in the blender all the sauce ingredients and whisk until sauce as a sort of similar to veganaise. If too thick, add more olive oil or lemon.
- Serve the salad with the sauce.
Tofu and vegetable soup
- 1 liter of vegetable broth (if you are home, much better)
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- A dash of lime juice
- 1 large carrot
- 1 leek
- 1 handful of spinach, red
- 200 g of firm tofu
- 2 slices of fresh ginger
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALSyrup sap
- Cut the carrot into thin sticks, the leek in the same way, and the tofu into cubes.
- Heat in a large saucepan the vegetable broth, soy sauce and ginger. When it boils, add the lime juice, carrot and leek. Lower the heat and leave it half covered, so be it gently until vegetables are tender but still firm, about 15 minutes.
- Add the spinach (red spinach is the one with the red stem, is more tender and sweeter), and tofu. After a minute, and after remove the ginger, try and if we can add a little more soy sauce. Served in bowls.
- 20 gr. dried of Chinese mushrooms, shiitake (Lentinus edulis) and pleorotus ostreatus
- 1 leek
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 15 gr. of dried seaweed
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar
- Soak the mushrooms in warm water, only just to cover the mushrooms for about 15 minutes. Soak seaweed in cold water, also 15 minutes.
- Sauté the leek, thinly sliced, until soft a little. Add ¾ pint of water, soy sauce and mushrooms with their soaking water and cut. Cook over low heat about 7 minutes.
- Include algae, slightly drained and chopped a little, and sugar. Just cooking a couple of minutes.
- 100 grams of bean sprouts
- ½ cup of banana
- ½ cup of papaya
- 1 peach, diced
- Three chopped almonds
- Rice syrup
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALHenna Tattoo
- Place fruit in a bowl and sprinkle almonds.
- Bath with little rice syrup and a few drops of lemon.
- Mugi Miso (soybean paste and fermented barley)
- Clove of garlic
- Two strips of kombu seaweed
- A pinch of thyme
- Soak the kombu for 10 minutes.
- Cut all vegetables into pieces and put into pressure cooker with water according to amount of vegetables.
- Ad algae in pieces.
- Cook ten minutes and remove from heat.
- When you can remove the lid, put it on a glass a bit of broth and blend a teaspoon of miso soup per ¼ liter of water.
- When it is well diluted, add to the rest of the soup and mix.
- This soup can be taken with cut vegetables, such as pureed.
About the author
I?m trying to lose some weight and maintain a healthy body, I?m 63 now and I do exercise because I have this habit since I can remember, well and I?m fine but I want to feel better so I decided to opt for a vegetarian diet for a while, at least for 3 or 4 month, so this article can help me a lot to avoid getting bored of the same food, thank you very much
there are too much foos that is prohibited but this should be like this not only when you are old but all the life that you had as young and adult, if you kept this diet thwn you won’t have problems as old person
What a great article!!! My grandparents are getting fairly old, and both of them are overweight. I’ve always felt like once you get to acertain age, like, perhaps past 65, dieting becomes a little dangerous. So it’s good to see that there actually ARE healthy ways of doing so once ou’ve become elderly.