Published: 12/26/2010 - Updated: 09/10/2018
Author: K. Laura Garcés G
Sinusitis is a condition that results from inflammation of the sinuses, hollow cavities within the cheek bones that are located around and behind the nose. Sinusitis can be acute or chronic, and if not given care and effective treatment can take either months, years or become chronic.
The most common symptoms of sinusitis are: headache, constant sinus mucus secretion, red nose, fever, bad breath, fatigue, pain in different parts of the face like eyes, teeth, etc., sometimes there is cough and malaise, or pain when chewing.
One of the most common causes of sinusitis is a bacterial infection, which occurs when you have complicated respiratory viral infection such as colds, flu, cough, etc., but may also result from bronchial asthma, food allergies or lack of healthy habits.
To treat sinusitis naturally, without a doubt, you should start to care about the food, so here we recommend a diet if you want to really cure sinusitis.
Not Allowed Foods
Prevent the use of products containing refined sugar as soft drinks, cakes, cookies, etc., and cow's milk and its derivatives, which produce much mucus, toxins and saturated fats. Minimize salt and refined products, junk, chips, sausages and / or canned food, white bread, sugar diet and candy, all these products only clog the intestine and don’t allow it to effectively remove toxic substances in the body; they are terrible when there are infections in the body.
- You should increase the intake of vitamin C and A; citrus while fasting are great for purifying the blood and the intestines. Lemon, orange and pineapple are the best in the mornings.
- In the day, drink fresh carrot juice with celery and a little beet or spirulina. Do not drink any drinks with sugar or fruit to accompany your meal, it is best to drink with some of the recommended infusions.
- Drink at least 2 liters of pure water throughout the day, if there is not enough water in your body, the toxins and mucus build up and will be very difficult to stop the infection.
- Take a clove of garlic in either fasting or in the evenings with a glass of warm water. When you drink the garlic, do not accompany with anything else, just take it to maximize its healing powers, garlic is a natural antibiotic for excellence.
- In breakfast and dinner, avoid all red meats and sausages. Completely avoid it or just eat 1 or 2 pieces per week.
- Include a salad once a day containing a variety of sprouts and vegetables and avoid the mayonnaise and vinegar for dressing, it is best to use lemon and extra virgin olive oil (so that you benefit from its healing properties)
- Do not take cow's milk, substitute for almond, soy, oats or rice milk. Cow's milk gets stuck in the gut forming dense flakes lining, which causes endless suffering, and predisposes the body to infections and allergies of all kinds.
- Drink 2 or 3 cups of recommended tea, but sweeten with honey or flowers and only use very little, never sweeten with sugar or sugar diet.
Phytotherapy for sinusitis
Herbs to help treat and combat sinusitis are:
Chamomile: soothing and relaxing properties, it is an antispasmodic, which will help your whole respiratory system to be relaxed, perfect for evening.
Eucalyptus: is one of the best antiseptics available, frequently used to cure coughs, bronchitis and asthma. Eucalyptus tea inhibits the formation of mucus in the bronchi and disinfects lungs, ideal to fight infections of all kinds. If you want a eucalyptus tea, pour 1/4 of a liter of boiling water with three teaspoons of eucalyptus leaves, fresh or dried. Let stand for 15 minutes, strain and sip. You can add a spoonful of propolis or honey to enhance its medicinal effects. At night, put a pot of boiling water next to your bed with two cups of eucalyptus leaves. Inhale its vapor during night.
Echinacea: a plant with excellent antimicrobial properties, fighting all kinds of germs, bacteria, fungi, viruses, etc. Also strengthens the immune system making the body more resistant in all types of infections, preventing the spread of them. It has anti-inflammatory (without causing heartburn) properties. Sometimes the Echinacea has a mild burning sensation on the tongue, this is normal, Echinacea is not harmful. Do not overuse consumption.
Propolis: This wonderful resinous substance, is the defense system (immune) of plants such as trees and shrubs, elixir as the bee collects and transforms it to disinfect and purify the hive, for sealing cracks and embalming intruders (small insects). Propolis is a substance that guarantees complete cleanliness of the environment of the hive, which is a real breeding ground for viruses and bacteria due to temperature and humidity is kept at the home of bees. It is a potent antibiotic that fights viruses and bacteria; propolis is rich in bioflavonoids and essential oils, plus a large amount of trace elements, vitamins, minerals and amino acids. It is also an antibacterial substance, anti-cholesterolaemic, anti-parasitic, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-allergic, analgesic, anesthetic, antiviral, deodorant, etc. A true elixir to combat medical condition.
About the author